THE PRE PROS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE PRE PROS

ANYONE EVER NOTICE THE TINY SCREW HOLE ON THE BODY OF THE OLD OLD CHARVELS -- IT'S JUST ABOVE THE 1/4 JACK MAYBE A INCH OR 1.5; MY UNDERSTAIND THAT RHOADS WAS ADAMANT ABOUT THIS, ABOUT MID 1980, FEATURE IT I HAVE 4 OF THEM. I WS TOLD BY A GOOD RELIABLE FRIEND THAT IS WAS A PRE PRO SIGNATURE FOR SURE IT WAS CALLED A "CORD HOLDER".

ANY HELP BE APPRECIATED -- TIME FOR A NEW SPRING CLEANING IN CASE ANYONE IS WANDERING ABOUT 53 JACK'S, CHARVEL'S (80%SAN DIMAS) AND 11 SWWWEEETTT ESP GRAPHICS ONE BROUGHT 4,999 ON EBAY LAST YEAR -- ALL VERY NICE GEAR 25% BOUGHT FROM YOU GUY'S IF THIS IS THE SAME JCF BOARD.

GOD LOVES TO DROP D AND SO DO I,
    ALL MY BEST TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILYS -- YEAH IT'S MY FIRST POST...

THESWEEPER IN Cminor

Re: THE PRE PROS

Welcome back, this is indeed the JCF, and if you're who I think you are, then:

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hal, whassup up ol Sweeper?

Regarding the hole above the jackplate and Rhoads, I don't buy that for a second.
      Randy didn't enter the C/J world until well after serialazition had begun.

[ May 01, 2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

Good to see you around Hal.

Comment

I don't have a clue what you're talking about and I don't think anyone here would argue the legitimacy of my Bullseye pre-pro.

Comment

Can someone define what a pre-pro is for me? Just curious.

Greg, you have to change your Grover Jackson years. Now that you own that bullseye I think a date range to 1981 is in order, right? :-)

How is the star renovation coming along?
            www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Hey Slo ... welcome back .. glad to see you here .. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Slo

A pre pro is a pre production or pre serialization Charvel. A complete guitar sold by Charvel without a plate prior to 81.

Or it is a really expensive parts guitar... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Good to see you posting here Bret!

Comment

Just wanted to run it by the big guns!!! The odd thing with two of six the ebony continues onto the headstock and is covered -- like a layered cake -- great axes-- just an honest question --GREAT to be back -- what's up with all these stars -- longevity or something. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Hal
                    Sweepin C#

Comment

Still looking for the right neck for that Star Bret. I've got the correct tuners, just haven't found an original San Dimas neck with a standard nut yet. I really want an ebony or rosewood board too. I don't think maple will look good with that graphic.

.......and you're right, time to change the profile line:

[ May 04, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

Greg, cool! You'll find one sooner or later, I'm sure!

Hi Ethan!

83SanDimas,

There is a big difference between pre-serialization and pre-production in my mind. Just curious as to others draw the distinction.

Bret
                        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
                          Greg, cool! You'll find one sooner or later, I'm sure!

Hi Ethan!

83SanDimas,

There is a big difference between pre-serialization and pre-production in my mind. Just curious as to others draw the distinction.

Bret
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know Wayne -- Charlie Lytle Chris Hett and most of the big Players from that day and they were churning out more than they coudl keep up with so i agree entirely on the Ideal that pre-production and serialization is never been a deal with me it's the EBONY UNDER THE HEADSTOCK THAT HAS ME A BIT BAFFLED NOW!

Ross -- Kinscherff that gang -- too far back -- ton of nice axes were stolen from the dumpsters in those days -- Metal heads they knew then and now.

Thanks Bro - all of you *check in to the ebony under the pain of the headstock -- a lot of work for nothing unless you are building a grinder of an axe.

Hal

Comment

Bret

I was being sarcastic because as of late, any Charvel on eBay without a plate has been a "prepro" It seems their are no more parts guitars.

I would like to know the difference between pre-serialization and pre-production.
                            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
                              Can someone define what a pre-pro is for me? Just curious.

Greg, you have to change your Grover Jackson years. Now that you own that bullseye I think a date range to 1981 is in order, right? :-)

How is the star renovation coming along?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks regarding Grover's tenure! I have several pre-pro's and 2 stratheads and anyone out there who thinks for a millisecond that they were built to spec (exactly alike) is not on the same page as I am or that Wayne was. -- My .02?

Thanks a million - Chuckracer --give me a call. Hal

Comment

Working...
                              X