1984 Allan Holdsworth Charvel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Allan Holdsworth Charvel??

I recently purchased a 1984 Charvel Allan Holdsworth Signature guitar. It's white(now cream in color) with a black pickguard. Dimarzio Bridge(Chrome), Seymour Duncan 59 in bridge position, Maple neck with ebony fretboard. It looks just like the White one Allan is Holding with an old picture of Grover Jackson. It has a San Dimas next plate Serial#3223. I'm new to Charvels. I used to have an Errie Dess neck-thru Jackson Soloist. I guess there is a log book "the Charvel/ Jakcson log book" which maybe helpful in identifying the San Dimas Charvels. Is this log book posted on line??? Who can I see to check this infamous book. Any help would be appreciated. I'll try to post pictures. Thanks.

Re: 1984 Allan Holdsworth Charvel??

Is this the guitar purchased from TRose?
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking reading his thread!

The log book isn't on line or for public consumption, but the folks at Charvel Central can help you out.

[ April 28, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

::coughcough:: partsguitar? ::coughcough::

in all seriousness, if it's the one some think it is, you may want to post some pix of the back so we can see the cavity routs. then you may wanna have a drink or seven.

sully

[ April 28, 2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What's up with TROSE???

Comment

i assume that you got this from him, then? if so, it's a charvel parts guitar. i think that the neck was legit, but the body is a model series import. not a bad guitar at all, but not a real holdsworth.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks...You know this guy???

Comment

Lemme first state .. I didn't post this to bash Tim at all .. I simply asked because if it was Tim ..he should be able to provide you with the work order if it is a legit guitar because he gets them for all his guitars. I'm surprised that he didn't offer it up for the price that was paid on this particular piece.
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Well is Tim on the level or not?? I noticed that he sold an EVH with modified Floyd Rose with Paperwork recently. He must be a JCF Member.I don't have a digital camera, but the cavity rout looks like a srtat rout in rear?? How can you tell if it's an import....SOB

Comment

tim was a member of the jcf; he no longer is.

however, i can say that his removal from the forum was NOT caused by any kind of misrepresentation. he's pretty good at answerin mail; he may have the proper work order for it and we could be wrong after all. however, i don't think that's the case.

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OK...do you know how I can determine if the body is an import?? May I ask why Tim was REMOVED. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Dude .. before you get upset wondering what you might have email Tim and ask him for a copy of the work order. Remove the neck and verify the work order numbers from the body and back of the neck. The route can be iffy. I have an 84 Strathead that is routed for each pickup and I have an 86 thats routed for a universal setup (Swimming pool route). While it would be my experience that an 84 would be similar to my 84 I have heard that holdsworths were routed universal route but I've never personally verified that.... also the pictures of the back of the guitar would help determine what the body might be by the contour as imported bodies are contoured different from USA models ...

Bottom line here is don't panic until you have too .. Ask Tim for verification, Then Call Jackson if your concerned.. if you need the number feel free to drop me an email ..

Comment

Thanks...I don't want to go trashing anyones name either. I just emailed Tim and Jackson. I'll see if I can get some pics of the contour. The pickup rout is universal "swimming poll" rout.

All the other parts are Charvel, minus the chrome Dimarzio Bridge(with Gibson spacing). I read in a 1982 Guitar Player interview with Holdsworth that he did not favor the brass bridges. He thought that they were so heavy that they would absorb the tone of the strings. So he had Grover Jackson put the lighter vintage chrome Dimarzio tremolo units on his guitar.

The pickguard and Rear tremolo cover I'm also not sure about. Thanks. This is my first time on the forum. And it looks like a very cool community of Charvel/ Jackson fans.

Comment

seems as if i had that particular guitar crossed with another holdsworth styled guitar that tim had and sold. i'm sorry for pouring gas on an ember.

sully
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

BEFORE YOU START SLAMMING TIM YOU F'ERS BETTER HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I HAVE DEALT WITH TIM ON THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF DEALS AND OTHER WELL KNOWN AND RESPECTABLE DEALERS HERE. BEFORE YOU OPEN A CAN OF WHOOP ASS YOU CAN T CLOSE YOU BETTER CHECK WITH THE SOURCE. IF ANYONE NEEDS TIMS EMAIL CONTACT ME. DOTH THROW $HIT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO WIPE IT OFF THE WALL. SORRY FOR THE CAPITALS BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW GUYS WHO HASNT RIPPED ME OFF. THE REST OF YOU $KUMBAG$ KNOWWHO YOUARE

Comment

Working...
                              X