Charvel neck radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel neck radius

What was the neck radius on the original Charvels? Was it flatter than a standard strat? I am just wondering how close the current Jackson necks are to the original Charvels.

Re: Charvel neck radius

I'm pretty sure they've always been compound radius, whereas the fender, I conjecture, is a static radius from the nut to the last fret. Don't quote me on that. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

BUT, all Charvel and Jackson USA necks are hand shaped, and there are variances from model to model, year to year, etc...

I've played at least a half dozen distinct and individual backshapes with many variances, and only four of my Jacksons are really similar. My 2 87 Jackson strats are similar, and close to my 86 SD vel, and oldly, my 84 SD Soloist and 95 Warrior are the two thinnest of the bunch.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Wodka, do you mean neck shape or fretboard radius?

Comment

I mean the fretboard radius. Just wondering if a GMW neck made froma Charvel template is close to my SLAT. I know, the Jackson is hand carved so they vary. But I'm just wondering if it is close. I have really come to like the flatter radius and thinner back shape.

Comment

As far as I know, all Jackson fretboards have a 16" radius. Not entirely sure about the old San Dimas stratheads - which the GMW should match - but I would think it's the same. Maybe some of the more knowledgable Charvel experts could chime in here?

Comment

I do not have hard numbers, but my 83 Charvel fretboard is NOT as flat as my 86 Soloist...
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
            X