Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Fusion Deluxe pickup replacement

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a Charvel Fusion Deluxe, and it's pretty much what I've wanted in a guitar for a long time: hum/single pickup configuration, 24 frets, usable floyd. My Fusion is Rainbow Crackle to boot! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyways, I think I might want to experiment with pickups a bit. The stock pups are pretty decent, but perhaps not exactly what I'm going for. As for the bridge, I'd like a bit more of a screamer, in the vein of the late, great Dimebag Darrell. From the neck pickup I'd like to hear more Yngwie like tones, you know, that stratty bite in there. A stratlike neck pup would also be great for clean sounds.

So... any recommendations? I do realize both gentlemen I mentioned have signature pickups, and the Dimebucker certainly has my attention, but feel free to suggest any pickups you deem suitable for my guitar and/or the tonal characteristics I described.

Thanks in advance! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel Fusion Deluxe pickup replacement

Personally, I love the stock pickups in my Fusion Deluxe, but I have other axes where I have L500XL's (in my RR1) and straty singles (in my DK-2 and MIM strat). I'll agree the hot rails are not straty at all, more like a regular humbucker.

I'd say your mind is already made up - but you could get a Bill Lawrence USA or "Bill and Becky" L500XL for cheaper than the Dimebag pickup. I'm not too picky with pickups and they all sound pretty much the same to me. They will sound like Dimebag-no doubt.

For the neck, get a DiMarzio HS-3 or the Yngwie sig.

Comment

Working...
    X