warrior bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrior bass?

do these still exist? wtf did i never see an import version? i find it surprising that people can actually order custom bolt-ons.. any pix?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: warrior bass?

do you mean, were all the Warrior basses built in the Custom Shop later destroyed? Was there ever non-Custom Shop Warrior bass? I don't have any pix, do you have any pix? Does it bother you that I'm answering your questions with more questions? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i find it surprising that people can actually order custom bolt-ons.. any pix?

[/ QUOTE ]
        Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I find it surprising people would make a comment like that.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

someone elsewhere custom built a warrior bass with graveyard graphic, another guy modded a kelly bass with a fretless board. both are bolt ons. if i was gonna have a custom built guitar/bass it would not be a bolt-on. of course i don't have any pix. why else would i ask?

---------------------------------------------------
          "name two differences between a chav and a pigeon? 1. one shits on you from a great height, the other just gives you shit" 2. one has wings, the other makes stupid hand gestures"
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            someone elsewhere custom built a warrior bass with graveyard graphic

[/ QUOTE ]

so you've seen pix then?

[ QUOTE ]
            if i was gonna have a custom built guitar/bass it would not be a bolt-on.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is your prerogative. Others obviously feel differently. I own both and am not fussed either way. I could definitely see myself buying a Custom Shop Dinky. But I'm not keen on bolt-on Rhoads, so I would prefer neckthru.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I ordered two Custom Shop bolt-on Warriors (guitars, not basses) - one a 6 and one a 7-string - for the cost of one neckthrough Custom Shop Warrior of either persuasion.

Do the math on that one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For some reason a lot of people think of a Custom Shop order as a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. It is, if you're stupid enough to blow your entire wad on every custom, highest-priced option you can pick. Hope you design something you'll love forever at that price, because if it's a once in a lifetime event for you, that's all you'll get in this life.

Me, I got Custom Body Shape (no 7-string template, it has to be done by hand) WITH a graphic, ebony, binding, pickup choice, and 7-string Floyd on one and totally Custom Body Shape and custom control spec (as in none - pickup to output and nothing in between) on the other for about $5K total. Ring up your neckthrough "once in a lifetime" Custom Wet Dream and send it in for a quote, then count how many you will get and count how many I will get for the same money.

As for Warrior basses, AFAIK there are 3, all owned by a JCFer. He had 2 of them listed a while back on Ebay - one of his trans black ones (of the only two that exist) and the graveyard.

Another important point about bolt-on basses - bolt-on gives more punch, which results in a useable low B that is clear and defined. I've had both neckthrough and bolt-on 5-string basses, and the bolt-ons definitely are better tonally.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I agree with you Newc about the "Once in a life-time," thing. I think it'd be very awesome to own a Warrior bass, and if I ever manage to save up enough money I'll probably custom order one. Nothing special, just the standard body shape, maybe reverse sharkfin inlays, Seymour Duncan basslines pickups(or maybe even Bartolini, I've read good reviews... but they're expensive) most likely in a J-J combination, I'm not too keen on p-bass style pickups.
                It'd also be interesting to play a Rhoads bass... I've never seen or heard of Jackson making one, though I have seen a version some company I've never heard of do it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Another important point about bolt-on basses - bolt-on gives more punch, which results in a useable low B that is clear and defined. I've had both neckthrough and bolt-on 5-string basses, and the bolt-ons definitely are better tonally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. Most high-end basses ("boutique" brands) are bolt ons. Nothing wrong with that. And I agree with the previous poster that neck-through Rhoads are the sh*t, whereas bolt on Dinky's are super-cool.

I once thought people were nuts to spend more than $1,000 on a bolt on. Then I bought a PC1. Since then, I've learned that bolt-ons can be as cool as neck-throughs.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I wonder what a standard Warrior Bass would go for? Modeled after the Wrmg series I guess?
                    I would buy 1 in a heart beat.
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Rhoads bass

[ QUOTE ]

It'd also be interesting to play a Rhoads bass... I've never seen or heard of Jackson making one,

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact there is one pictured on the inside front cover of the Jackson 2002 catalog. I think Christian from Kreator uses one.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: Rhoads bass

Yup, in fact I think it's the same one, reverse headstock:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

you can still get them through Jackson stars I think
                          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Also, I believe one of the guys from Destruction has a Rhoads bass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Also, I believe one of the guys from Destruction has a Rhoads bass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he (Schmier) is strictly Dean these days, and plays a custom V bass. He may have played a Rhoads bass way back when though...not entirely sure.

And yes, there are only 3 Warrior basses I am aware of as of present. There may be 1 or 2 more floating out there somewhere...but we know of 3 that are accounted for.

Comment

Working...
                              X