Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got back from Pawn shopping and music stores.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from Pawn shopping and music stores.....

Found 2 "Charvels" at Guitar Center...ahem...I use the word Charvel loosely. First, a 2 hum, strat head, rosewood board, recessed OFR, strat body with "lightening and mountains" graphic. Graphic was aftermarket......guitar had a refin...ameteur job.....neck plate was missing ( Aftermarket plate)...neck was modded for Floyd locking nut and string bar. I truly believe this guitar was an all original Charvel at one time....just modded/hacked over the years. Their asking price...on sell for $1999.00
    Next, a strathead , ebony boarded, dual hummed star. Let me break this one down to you...goofy cross inlays with a similar design to the bow-tie inlays on Randy's Sandoval. I believe Charvel did do special inlays on occasion....look at the Explorer Charvel that Tracy got.......I believe that (Explorer) to be legit and original. Had the right cavity route. Brass stop tail piece. 1-volume....1 toggle ( switch tip was broken...whole toggle needed replaced). Natural finish with a 5 piece top.....center section was same as sides....then 2 strips of what appeared to be 1/2" wide ebony running in non-parallel lines lengthwise with the neck. Flip over the back to see the plate......no plate.....AT ALL. Had a screw through body to neck deal.....with an easy access joint similar to the Ibeenhads. Guitar Centers price.....on sale for $1900.00. Yes, I could have tore these guitars apart....but, it really isnt worth it.....I was talking to the salesman.....the only thing I said was " You guys need to hire someone that knows J/C's better on the used market..."
    1 other thing....SL3s on sale for $1099 without the case.....if anyone is interested in these guitars......lemme know so I can crown you.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Re: Just got back from Pawn shopping and music stores.....

sounds like they'd be good parts mutts if they dropped their price about $1500.00 each......Gary

Comment

Those prices are nuts.

Comment

Lou, Those parts pigs have done the "GC Circuit tour" and have landed at a Garbage Center near you!

They started life in Hollywood before making their debut in a Detroit area GC. When know onw was suckered on em in Detroit, they moved down to OHIO.

The Lightning "Charvel" once belonged to Mike mojave at Kramermaniaxe. Yes, it is a legitimit CHarvel, but it has been basterdized down to a mutt. The only part worth anything on that guitar is the neck.

BTW, that little collection started life as 4 Charvels. I bought the R/W/B EVH striped strat head, and someone bought the quilt top Pre Pro Explorer about 2 months ago.

Comment

I stopped by GC the other day and they only had about 10 Jacksons. They all looked like bottom of the line junk. There may have been 1 or 2 mid level japanese models. Right in the middle there was a jap model 2 in resonable condition and it was marked $450. I thought that price was a pretty high. Then I thought that compared to the other junk on the wall it probably was close to the best Jackson they had. Sad... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah ha... I remember those at the GC in Southfield MI, they were there for quite some time.

I'm still pissed at myself for not getting that R&W VH strathead.
            [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

about 2 years or maybe 3 or 4 ago, i walked into Mars' used room and there was a model 3a in sparkle blue in near mint condition with a asking price of 199.00. needless to say i walked out of there with a new guitar that day. i know a pawn shop intown that has a charvel avenger (rhoads shap) in red, but i don't know the price. i should go and check it out again.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
              X