Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good deal on San Dimas guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal on San Dimas guitar?

Someone just made me an offer to buy a San Dimas Star body with a strathead neck plus an old Mesa Boogie combo. He's asking $500 for both. Thoughts?

Guitar particulars:
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">birdseye maple neck with ebony board - still perfectly straight</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">has a poorly installed locking nut behind the regular nut - seems like locking tuners would just be easier than trying to fool with this</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cherry sunburst flame maple top with creme binding</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a Floyd installed, not a great job but it'll do</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">he thought the pickups were Duncans - hard to say without popping them out but I don't care too much about that anyhow</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Serial # is 1183 which makes it a 1982 model according to the Jackson site</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hardshell case</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amp particulars:
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1x12 combo w/EQ and reverb</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">60/100 watt switchable</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heavy as hell</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">natural all wood cabinet with wicker grill</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the back of the chassis isn't preprinted like the front - it has stick-on labels for the controls on the back (like the dynamo raised letter labels)</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">needs a bit of work - it doesn't have anywhere near full output - probably needs tubes and some general maintenance - I'm taking it to a guy locally first to check it out</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Is this a good deal on San Dimas guitar?

Grab It!!!!

Comment

run don't walk...Go Daddy go!!!

Comment

Good thing you didn't post where it was. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I hope you're going to tell us you got it already.

Comment

I just got off the phone with a very helpful person at Mesa Boogie and apparently the amp is an original Mark I (before they called it the Mark series). They have apparently reissued the Mark I, they list for $1099, the hardwood cabinet is $400 option, and the EQ is another hundred or so more.

I think I'm going to have some new members of the family soon...

- Newc

Comment

Think??? We'll be looking for the 21st century equivalent to Sigmund Freud for you if you didn't jump on this deal!!!!
            Occupy JCF

Comment

dude, put up a warning next time like "this post will make you extremly depressed" [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought them. The amp is already in the shop getting tuned up. I will post pics of the guitar shortly.

- Newc

Comment

Sweet deal of the century!!! Congrats! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here are the pic's. I haven't cleaned it up or even changed the strings yet.

- Newc

Comment

sweet jesus that's hot. I'm fairly confident you could get your 500 bucks back out of it if you ever decide to sell [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] .

I think it wins the award for most homemade locking nut as well, but who's complaining for that price?

[ April 09, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: L ]

Comment

HippieTim - Was the neck pickup added on that guitar? My first Charvel had exactly the same flametop, binding, & what I know now was an added chrome Floyd. Mine was a maple neck, but it stayed with me when I sold the guitar. No particular reason - I sold it with the neck I replaced it with - they weren't collectible back then, just great guitars. I sold it in the El Paso area in 1988. Was curious if someone hacked in a neck p/u and more controls.

-e-

Comment

OK, hippietim...$501.00 and THAT is my FINAL OFFER for BOTH....

...and we've GOTTA SPLIT SHIPPING !!!!!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!! this is mrs. atomic charvel guy, call an ambulance, i ran into the house when i heard my husband let out a banshee like scream of jealousy, it was a very loud "MUTHA****AAAA!!!!!!" i cannot revive him, please call 911!!!!!!!!! he is passed out, but he is pulling out his hair and still screaming!!
                            somebody!!!!!!!!!
                            mrs. atomic charvel guy
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

wow, it was'nt a dream, holy hondo batman!!! that is the greatest score to date, and may never be outdone. man, i gotta go twist one in your honor.
                              hot sheet indeed!!! congratu****inlations!!
                              tommy
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X