EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH

did eddie show up at namm at all this weekend with his new guitar and amp ?

Re: EVH

I'm curious too but, I suspect there would already be an “EVH” discussion added for just that...Like the “NAMM 2006” section. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Eddie was at the Gibson booth. You couldn't get in there though. The EVH signature Les Paul is expected to be launched in February.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

And I thought he'd gone to ESP.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

An EVH Signature LP. Interesting since the man didn't play a LP a whole lot in his career.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            An EVH Signature LP. Interesting since the man didn't play a LP a whole lot in his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my post may have been a joke but Eddie most definitely has played a LP. It's well known that he recorded with them and I believe he even played one that had a Floyd and the red/white/black striped paint job.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Does anyone else find it weird that they've issued all these signature guitar versions of a guitar that is already a signature guitar?? Les Paul was a killer guitarist in his day. It's not just a model name [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my post may have been a joke but Eddie most definitely has played a LP. It's well known that he recorded with them and I believe he even played one that had a Floyd and the red/white/black striped paint job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he played them a few times recording. But it was here and there. He just wasn't much of a LP player in General.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Does anyone else find it weird that they've issued all these signature guitar versions of a guitar that is already a signature guitar?? Les Paul was a killer guitarist in his day. It's not just a model name [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean very much like the Kevin Bond Rhoads and the rumored Bullet For My Valentine Rhoads? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you were joking. I would put NOTHING past Gibson.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he played them a few times recording. But it was here and there. He just wasn't much of a LP player in General.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played one live alot in the early days. If I recall it had the neck pickup removed.

Comment

Actually Ed has quite a few Les Pauls and has played them since the early days. Steve Rosen who is a writer for guitar world told me that one day Ed knocked on the door to his apartment and walked in with two newly acquired vintage pauls. A '58 and a '59 he purchased with some record money. They weren't in cases or anything. He said he bought them as investments and proceeded to throw them down on the couch and then plugged in to his amp and started wailing on them till 4 am. The next day when Steve saw his neighbors, he started to apologize and they all said no problem man... we had NO idea that YOU could play so well. Of course he told them it was Ed.

Comment

From the vault...

Comment

This is the '58 that he'd play live.....The '59 Is SUPER CLEAN, and to this day Norm Harris ( Norm's Rare Guitars...Which sold him those, and many others) says it was the best one he ever owned....Ed still has it, You can see it on the Floor in that Guitar World Cover from when they went up to 5150.

[ QUOTE ]
                            From the vault...

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Nice shot!! you can see fire in his eyes............. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X