Nut width 1 5/8 or 1 11/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut width 1 5/8 or 1 11/16

What does everyone prefer. I am ordering a GMW and can't decide. I love the feel of both. I was wondering what everyone else preference is. Attached is the guitar I am thing about with just a few modifications.

[ April 07, 2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Tim Krueger ]

Re: Nut width 1 5/8 or 1 11/16

Excuse my spelling mistakes. I what do you guys think about a regular strat headstock instead of the Jackson one? I have always wanted a bengal design on a guitar. I have spent a month changing my mind on what to order and I always come back to the bengal.

Comment

I'm a strathead fan but I think the bengal looks much better on the Jackson head ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Just to muddy the waters, I like a strathead on a Bengal.

Comment

If it were mine, I'd get a strat headstock and a 1 11/16" nut. I have a GMW neck with a 1 5/8" nut and it's given me some troubles with open chords and arpeggios on around the nut. We seem to have a bunch of those in our newest songs, so I think I'm going to have to retire that guitar or the neck for now.

Comment

It is tough choosing isn't it? You think you know what you want but when you can get anything, it's hard to make a final choice.

GMW can do a proper strathead, which is what I would go for, with an R2 nut. If you gat a Jackson headstock, they can only do it in an R3 nut, which is the norm. Funny thing is, it seems the model series guitars had Jackson headstocks with R2 size nuts on them.

I prefer an R2 nut on a one piece maple neck myself these days, but my upcoming GMW has a reverse hs Jackson neck, for reasons of coolness to go with some other options. When it's ready I'll post pics.

Vic

Comment

Okay stupid question what is a R2 or R3 nut? Don't laugh...

Comment

Nevermind...sorry brain freeze R2 1 5/8, R3 1 11/16.

Comment

Those are the different size Floyd nuts. The R2 goes on a 1 5/8" nut neck and the R3 goes on a 1 11/16" nut neck.

Comment

So what does everyone thing of the bengal? Cool or to 80's looking. I don't know why I like it so much, but it look sharp with gold hardware.

Comment

I don't think it's too '80s looking. It looks great in bengal with gold hardware. I prefer 1 11/16 nut width, and I think either reverse pointy or reverse Strathead would be great! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What about just a regular strathead with matching paint not reversed?

Comment

Yeah, regular Strathead would be great, too, for more of that old-school George Lynch look!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree that the Bengal looks real nice w/ the reverse Jackson pointy headstock, although I'm partial to stratheads myself.

My GMW that's being built will have a 1 11/16 wide nut. I played necks w/ different widths and that's the size that felt most comfortable to my hand. Always play stuff first to see how if feels to you, rather than go by what others like.

Comment

I'm partial to Jackson pointy headstocks myself, preferably standard not reversed. And btw, the Bengal graphic is always cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X