Tell me about my bass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about my bass...

I'm sorry about my lousy english skills but...

I bought this bass: http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/6207/full.jpg

Things I know about it:

1. Bolt-on construction.
    2. Active elektronies.
    3. Color is "White with black splatters".
    4. Serial number is 6207.
    5. Bass is made in Ontario -89(I'm not SO sure of that year it can be -87 as well)but bass has San Dimas neck-plate.
    6. It's fucking good instrument.

Things I like to know about this bass:

What series it belong to?
    How many of it was made?
    What is practically price for my bass?

thanks.

Re: Tell me about my bass...

It's a Concert Bass model. It did not belong to a series of any kind (USA Select, etc) because there were no production series Jacksons before 1990. Every Jackson made before 1990 was either a Custom Shop order or one the Custom Shop decided to build themselves without an official Order being placed.

Jackson made thousands of Custom Shop models (yours would be the 6207th Custom Shop ever made, if they started the serial numbers at 0 - 5207th if they started at 1001 like Charvel), so it's impossible to tell how many of that exact one were made. It's rare to find two identical Custom Shop models, but I'm sure there were hundreds of bolt on basses made. They may or may not have had the same pickup configuration as yours, no one knows as Jackson hasn't published any detailed production records.

Depending on the condition and who is looking to buy, you could get any where from $200 to $2000.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This bass belonged to guitar virtuoso Mr. Markku Petander, who assumingly was using it when playing bass in Popeda. So it could rise the price little bit if buyer respects Mr. Petander.

Comment

Never heard of him.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Markku Petander is Finnish guitarist, bass player and song writer. He have played in Finnish bands like Yö and Popeda.

He is very respected rocker in Finland.

Comment

That's awesome! I love graphic finishes like that.

Comment

Working...
            X