Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago--USA custom shop Charvel alert ("Sears" headstock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago--USA custom shop Charvel alert ("Sears" headstock)

I saw a mint condition Charvel strat at the Arlington Heights GC. "Sears" headstock with "custom shop" logo. Maple neck, hardtail, 2H EMGs, purple metallic with gold hardware, recessed Dunlop strap locks. I didn't have time to play it, but it looked sweet. Marked @ $999. Might be a good deal if they're willing to bend on it.

In case anyone cares...
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Re: Chicago--USA custom shop Charvel alert ("Sears" headstock)

Wow .. that guitar was on ebay then Justin had it ... its moved around a bit in a year ..

[ April 06, 2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hey...Did they have any cool US Jackson's there? Last time I was there they had an '88 RR in white...single hum etc. that they bought for $1700! They couldn't go below that and lose $$ so it just sat there for a year or so.

Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

I saw that guitar also. I sat down for about a minute with it and noticed a LOT of string buzz. It did look good though for Purple. They have a white RR1 string thru there but it's beat!! I did see the single hum Rhodes there also but $1700.00 used is too much for my pockets . They do have 2 SL1's in stock as of Friday.

Comment

According to John Douglas the guitar dept manager the guy that brought in the Charvel in question was supposedly made for one of the guys from Savatage. I saw it before it hit the floor. Its real nice just needs a setup. Has the brass Charvel trem too. All stock with EMG's and a battery door on the back. Its a killer purple if ya like purple and your secure in your masculinity. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If any body is interested let me know I may be able to help.
          Gil

Comment

10SECLX: Can you tell me more about that string-thru RR? That's definitely got my attention! Was it US? Do you know what they were asking?

Thanks, Joel
            RIP Dime

Comment

Joel I believe it was a white with black PS RR1T.
              Its a new one but extremely rough condition. It fell off the wall and took a couple of hits to the points and the control cover. The neck it solid and has o issues i could see though. It just needs some TLC and a setup.
              Gil

Comment

Yeah, it is a RR1T. I'm not sure about the pin stripe but it does have a lot of wear. I think they are asking 1100 or 1200 for it which is crazy. last I saw it had a few good chips in it and the cover for the volume and tone knobs was dented in also. Actually it didn't play too bad unplugged. Hey Gil, do you work at GC in Lombard?

Comment

Close I work at the GC in Villa PArk. It's all semantics but scam ass is in Lombard so just making sure.
                  Gil

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I've been to that GC location. I'd be interested in snagging that Charvel (I'm secure with my masculenity!!!) but I've gotta focus on the two model series that I just bought.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

OOPS, my mistake. I tend to get Villa Park and Lombard confused. Have you guys recieved any new USA Jacksons or Charvel's lately?

Comment

Oh yeah...I remember seeing that RR1T there...yeah it was pretty bad (and so was the price). If they could come down to a reasonable price on that '88 RR I'd be all over it.

- Joel
                        RIP Dime

Comment

I think I saw a white RR1T at the GC in Chicago on Halsted 2 weeks ago. It looked pretty clean. May it's the same one that getting moved around.???

joe...
                          www.godwentpunk.com
                          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I thought about that purple one for a while during it's ebay run. I think the BIN was 1k. It does look great with the gold hardware and brass bridge. Made for Jack Frost if I remember the story correctly.

Jacksonfreak...what do you think that guitar can be had for???

Comment

i own a single hum 88 rhoads custom ..i just bought it and i love it.............

Comment

Working...
                              X