• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel prices options

So if I'm readin this correct ..

You can now order a charvel standard

Charvel standard 1999.99 list
    $600 upcharge for a Strathead (Which I assumme carries the propr skunk stripe
    THEN you can now get graphics on standards at the graphic cost with a $200 CS upcharge?..

Standard $1999.99
    SH $600.00
    SpiderWeb graphic $410.00
    ------------------------------------
    Complete $3009.99 list?
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: Charvel prices options

This sure opens up some possibilities. I wonder if this will have any affect on older strat heads and that market. With new ones available it may be harder to move some now. I like it, more than I expected the upcharge to be but it puts the price in line with others, EVH, Warren's, and the PC1.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

my questions when you order a standard with a strat head are....what nut does it come with (phenolic?) and what string tree (vintage brass round style?). also, by those prices you end up knocking on the price of a full blown custom shop anyway so i'm still trying to figure out which would be the better route to go. a "modified" standard or a full blown custom.

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

It will be interesting to see whether these necks do indeed have the skunk stripe. Hard to tell from reading the price list. They don't state whether they are just pointy necks with strat headstocks, or if they are a completely different animal (12" radius board rather than compound radius, etc.) Hopefully, we'll be able to get them the way we want, at least on custom orders.

Comment

Well I'd tend to believe they would have skunk stripes.. the 25th,bullseye etc all have it. But I did notice a skunk stripe as an option on the cs price list. I'm simply assuming that is if you really wanted a skunk on a bent head but I might be wrong
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

i just did a bunch of number crunching to see what came out cheaper b/t the same strat head custom graphic standard or a strat head custom graphic full blown custom shop order and the custom shop 1 off order actually came out nearly $100 cheaper.

strange.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Well I'd tend to believe they would have skunk stripes.. the 25th,bullseye etc all have it. But I did notice a skunk stripe as an option on the cs price list. I'm simply assuming that is if you really wanted a skunk on a bent head but I might be wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that would explain the higher SH-upcharge for a non CS axe to a degree... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The $600 vs $300 upcharge makes every Standard Strathead as expensive as a Custom unless you order a plain finish and avoid the $200 custom finish hit on a standard

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The $600 vs $300 upcharge makes every Standard Strathead as expensive as a Custom unless you order a plain finish and avoid the $200 custom finish hit on a standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think it gives us a way to get a SH on a plain jane without going full CS ..

CS bolton starts at $2499.99
                  Standard starts at $1999.99

$500 diff .. so out of the gate a CS SH is $2799.99 and a standard is $2699.99 .. keep in mind that there are still a bunch of stuff that will most certainly drive the price of the CS up easily

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think it gives us a way to get a SH on a plain jane without going full CS ..

$500 diff .. so out of the gate a CS SH is $2799.99 and a standard is $2699.99 .. keep in mind that there are still a bunch of stuff that will most certainly drive the price of the CS up easily

[/ QUOTE ]

And when looking at the pricing in this fashion, it actually makes sense.... FOr example, a SH Standard w/ graphic like the One mike wants is 100$ cheaper thru the CS... Now, the question is WHY..

Why am I paying 100 bucks more? Because I´m essentially GETTING a full blown CS, but almost certainly w/o the wait time ... I´d think of it as a "rush charge" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THe way I read it,base for the strathead is: Standard $2599, Custom $2799; If you want anything other than a standard solid Black, Candy Blue, Ferrari Red or Snow White finish add another $200 to the standard making them both $2799 to start, then the additional options price out the same (Floyd $120, differnt P/U config $150 etc...)

Comment

It depends on what you are getting. If your getting a graphic, you want to go custom (or not depending on how wait times will differ). If your getting a standard color then you want to go with the standard with strathead upcharge. It seems to me anyways there isn't a huge difference between CS pricing and US pricing anyways, but the custom shop isn't really meant for "plain jane" charvels. Thats what a charvel standard is. But say you want a maple cap. Or an ash body. Or a birdseye top like the old prepro's? Thats what the CS is for. The strathead option now makes it so you can recreate those old customs. You can do some with the standard. Like Kev said, you can get the web graphic and the strathead option and recreate the old spider web strathead like what Trace has. The CS is good for more elaborate recreations or for something that takes the retro models into the new era. Like that Charvel I saw on Drumcity's site that has a floyd speedloader and high grade top/neck. It really depends what you want. Though now you have to do a little number crunching to figure out the best way to spend your money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          THEN you can now get graphics on standards at the graphic cost with a $200 CS upcharge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kev, if I'm reading your post correctly, you think the ability to get graphics on a USA Standard is new now? If so, no. That's always been an option.

As best I can tell, the only thing new for Standards is the $600 strathead option. Strangely, though, I don't see that option actually referenced in the pricelist. Only on custom orders. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The $600 isn't on the price list, it's info from Matt. They've offered graphics on Standards on all he recent price lists, but any custom finish costs $200 more on a Standard than a Custom, that's why there's 2 different price list for finish options. For instance a HRF finish on a Standard will cost you $500 on a Custom it's $300, the Vintage Eldred Flame, $700 on a Standard $500 on a Custom, Etc...

Once again, The $600 vs. $300 for the Stratheads makes anything other than one of the 4 basic finishes the same price - Custom or Standard

Comment

Sick Prices for what you are getting...I could see those kind of prices for a guitar with a nice flame/curly top but for a standard painted guitar that's crazy. I can see Charvel going down the tubes again! Too bad GMW doesn't make the Rock Replicas anymore, At least they were reasonably priced! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X