Seymour Duncan @ NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan @ NAMM

I picked this post up @ the Dean forum, and checked the Duncan site and they said they are releasing info on Dave's new pickups @ 2:30 tomorrow. Looks very cool if this is right, but we'll know tomorrow. BTW, dunno if this is posted in the right place, this is the NAMM section, but feel free to move it admins.

Seymour did the Dimebucker thing last year and the success has been phenomenal. Now, Megadeath's Dave Mustaine, a long time SH-4 JB model user, has collaborated with Seymour and the gang to create his new, upcoming signature series pickup set. Check this out: it's their first 9V active preamp, pickup system!!! Based on the SH-2 Jazz and SH-4 JB model pickups (Seymour's favorites), the Dave Mustaine Livewire set keeps all the tonal response and dynamic feel from these classics, but adds 25db worth of extra gain and extremely high headroom. In addition, these pickups are quiet due to all class A discrete circuitry. They look cool, too. Featuring unique black nickel plated tops comprised of nickel silver substrate material to minimize tonal colorization; the Mustaine’s really are striking. (We’ll have pictures coming soon.) So, all you Metal Heads out there, these are the pickups you’ve been waiting for!!! Available mid-February. Set includes two Mustaine humbuckers with all the necessary mounting hardware, including pots, jack and battery clip.

- Irfaan -

Re: Seymour Duncan @ NAMM

yes it's true, i already have an order in for a set. placed it last week when i found out about them. (it pays to be a long time duncan forum member [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

oh and if you deal with certain small dealers to buy them and not big online chains you can order them as a production floor custom order (no upcharge) with no engraving of his name on them like i did with my set.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I can`t wait to here these pickups, very interesting. Jack.

Comment

Interesting, I wonder if they will do other pickups through the custom shop like that?
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Hot damn, I might have to pick myself up a set of those too.

How much did they run you?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I can`t wait to here these pickups, very interesting. Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

They sound good. If you saw Gigantour last year you would have heard em already. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I might have to try a set of these as well. I've been a long time emg fan but I have a guitar with a jb/jazz setup now and I'm really starting to like them, probably even more then the emg setup I'm used to. I know it's already been asked but does anybody know the price yet?

Comment

Nickel plated covers. YUCK!!!
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hmm, Dave Mustaine pickups. I bet they whine a lot... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Interesting, I wonder if they will do other pickups through the custom shop like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Duncan will do literally almost anything in the CS [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Hmm, Dave Mustaine pickups. I bet they whine a lot... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they just refuse to work with the rest of the electronics about once a year and demand new ones [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I actually talked to someone @ Duncan and they said they weren't based on the JB/Jazz that he normally uses, but it's his own type of thing. I'm wondering about em now...

Comment

will he really use them or just collect a commision on a nicely marketed name brand product?
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't say his name! He'll sue you!!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X