My new purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new purchase

I would like to know if anyboby can tell me anything about serial #4602. It's 1 hum,hahler a pointy head. I got it from the bay recently and there are things that make me wonder? Headstock has been refined (real peely)but you can see the old logo underneath. Neck looks real, but the body? Numbers on the neck but nothing in the neck pocket? Jackson pickup with the cover removed and of course was listed as all original. Also i have pics of my friends prepro with flames if anyone would like to see them!!!!!!!!!

Re: My new purchase

Where are the pics??

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

IF the headstock clearcoat is peeling off, then it's most likely the original finish... they tend to do that...

The body would definitely have some kind of markings in it, a work order# and date, and probably initials too.

Hard to say what's what without pictures.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sorry about the word peely. I meant orange peely not peeling. I don,t know how to post pics. Can i send the somebody else to post? Thanx.

Comment

send me the photos I will be happy to post them for all to see [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          [email protected]
          _________
          http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net

Comment

HotRod Flame:

Comment

Thanx Hossman for hosting the pics. You da man. Sorry the pics are so crappy i guess i haven't figured out how to use my camera yet! Well here goes,neck has no name tuners and the flip type lock nut and has numbers written on neck. The body has old crusty kahler pro and the back cover is metal. I know the cavity cover won't fit on my model 1 body and the model 1 or 2 didn't come with a kahler pro!I know somebody on the forum has a partial list of serial numbers so if they have any info on 4602 that would be great. Also the body is very resonant almost like a hollowbody when unplugged Now for the flames. My buddy bought the guitar around 84 and after a week had it floyded. Very pro job the routing is mint. he still has the original bridge,nut and string tree somewhere. The thing is near mint with only 1 chip on the underside. I have been trying to get this guitar forever. At one point I offered him my mint 89 silver sparkle soloist,my 85 white rhoads custom and a gold sparkle neckthrough b.c. rich st3 and he still wouldn't go for it! He doesn't even care about the value it's just sentimental at this point! Oh well i'll have to come up with a new plan i guess! Damn him! Till next time.

Comment

Well, someone here posted that Model Series guitars DID come with Kahler Pros
                up until 1986 or 1987.

That doesn't mean that someone didn't put a Charvel neck on a different make body though, as youd cavity cover mismatch may indicate.

Also, a Model Series is an import, isn't it? Then why's this in the Charvel USA
                section?
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nice flames... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Better make your email private, or you'll be recieving offers. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I was only stating that the cavity cover on my blue charvel in question doesn't fit on my import body so hopefully I do have a real usa charvel!?!

Comment

That guitar is USA most definitely.

Comment

White guitar logo with Fort Worth, Texas neckplate Model guitars are made in Japan. Gold logo = USA, but isn't it built in Ontario and not San Dimas? They still used some leftover SD plates when they moved, and I think numbers after 1500 are Ontario. Am I right?

[ February 25, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That blue one hum is a USA body... look at the comfort bevel on the back... besides, imports never had gold/brass colored Kahlers... always black.

Comment

Thanx xeno for your posts maybe I can finally get some sleep now (thought maybe it was fake).Thanx to everyone who chimes in and I hope you enjoyed the pics! Especially the flamed menace!!!!!

Comment

ManyAxes
                              Let me know if you want to sell that Strat head with the flames. I have cash!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X