Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show pics if you don't own it any more??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show pics if you don't own it any more??

I sold a San Dimas Charvel a couple of years ago, and have plenty of pics of it, but keep thinking the guy to whom I sold it might end up a member here and send in pics. I think about it every now and then, but always wonder - is sending in pics of guitars you don't own any more wrong? What if he doesn't want pics of his guitars on the net? What's everyone think?

[ February 16, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: EVHwannabe ]

Re: Show pics if you don\'t own it any more??

It's probably best not too .. If he owns the guitat now it's kinda uncool to post pictures without his consent ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Kev, it's fine to talk about guitats, but I think that this guy wants to know about his guitar!

Comment

Well, sometimes I'm curious if he still has it, but no I wasn't really wondering about it. I just look here and at the Charvel Central board, and it isn't in either gallery, and I know some of the folks here and there are interested in finding out anything they can about every SD Charvel. I have info on it and pics, but hesitated to share because I don't own it anymore.

Nevermind, I didn't realize until after I wrote this you were making a comment about his mis-spelling. Anyhow, thanks for your opinions. I'll keep quiet and just keep an eye out for it in the gallery - maybe it will show up some day.

[ February 17, 2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: EVHwannabe ]

Comment

lol, yeah, that was one of my sorry attempts at humor. Just having a little fun with my ol' buddy Kev, that's all!

Comment

If it used to be yours then I think it should be cool to post pics you took of it, along with any info. Just don't mention where she might be now and it should be ok. The new owner didn't buy the rights to all your photos and info, just posession of the guitat. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

This means I would love to see all your pics and info of your old guitar btw [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Vic

Comment

Here is a hint while I'm deciding what to do...it theoretically, hypothetically, might have looked something like my avatar.

[ February 18, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: EVHwannabe ]

Comment

**GASP!!**....Are there any more clues? Can I buy a vowel?

Comment

Well, since I'm new here, I'm going to ask a dumb question. What would it hurt by showing the pics? Really, I honestly don't understand what the problem would be. Is it because they are scarce and you don't think that he would want anyone to know that he owns it because someone may steal it? Can someone explain this to me? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Budman-While I'm sure people have varying reasons for not wanting to show thier axes, I know some guys that, after posting pics on the web, got bombarded w/ requests to sell. I don't mean just simply inquires, but contiuous, rude, bordering on harassment emails. Definitely NOT cool. While I personaly love to share pics 'o my gear, I guess I can't blame others if they'd rather not. And there is always the theft possibility.....

-Kenn

Comment

This idea that it is inappropriate to post or publicly use photos of a guitar you no longer own is assinine!!!!!!!

When you buy a book about guitars.....do you think the people who took the photos owned the guitars?....or even know who own the guitars NOW? If you have concerns about harassment, just state you no longer own it, or do it anonymously.

This totally baffles me.

If you took the photo, it is YOUR photo. Do as you wish.

-eric

Comment

I guess it wouldn't hurt anything if I didn't mention who I sold it to.

Kmaynard, what do you think?

Comment

It cannot hurt anything. It is YOUR photo!

If anyone could prevent their guitar from being used publicly (Because they "NOW" own it) then guitar books would be VERY boring.

I have never heard any argument against publishing photos of guitars(because someone else now owns the guitar.) in any other circles other than C/J collector circles.

This is a poor reflection on the collectors in C/J community.

-eric

Comment

If you took the photos, the photos are your property, not the person who bought the guitar. You can post them all over the web if you wish. I would have to agree with the don't tell anyone who you sold it to.

Comment

Working...
                              X