Question about an older Charvel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about an older Charvel??

I have a Strat style Charvel that I bought used 3 years ago. It has a serial #238972 stamped on the neck plate. It also has Fort Worth Texas 76113 USA stamped on it as well. Can anyone help me find out what year this guitar was issued and what its value could be? Thanx.

Re: Question about an older Charvel??

Your guitar is an imported guitar. When a Charvel has Ft. Worth, Texas on it, that means that it is an import. It does not say Made in Ft. Worth.

Comment

You Have Been Bitten!!! Once you play a good J/C, you will never be satisfied with anything else!

Comment

It doesn't say made in Fort Worth. It just has PO Box 2344 Fort Worth Texas 76113 USA. It has a pointed head stock 1 Jackson Humbucker, and 2 Jackson single coils. Kahler trem. lock in strings,and its active. Are the import guitars crappy? Its an awsome player. I just don't know enough about them.Im more of a Fender guy myself. I bought it for my son to play and he lost interest. So I reclaimed it. I use it as a back up and really enjoy playing it from time to time. Thanx for any responces. I'm really interested in the date issued. How can I find that info out?

Comment

If it has a Kahler Pro, it was made in 86. The Japan made charvels are some of the best quality import guitars ever made. You will love it.

Comment

How do you know if its a Kahler pro? All it says is Kahler made in USA. The Kahler is black. Thanx.

Comment

It's a 1986 Japanese Charvel Model 4, excellent guitars for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarjunkys:
                How do you know if its a Kahler pro? All it says is Kahler made in USA. The Kahler is black. Thanx.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it has a roling pin that rolls the strings around it, and 6 little roler wheels that the strings sit on it is a Kahler pro.

If it is a fulcrum based trem then it is not.

[ February 14, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: oklaSTAR ]

Comment

Hey guys, I was asking the same question in the general forum. I just picked up a single humbucker, 1 vol knob Charvel with a Kahler USA trem, s/n 230987. I'm not sure if it is a model 1 or 2. 22 frets, rosewood board. Anyone know what model or year it is, or where I can find Kahler parts (it only has 4 fine tuners)?
                  Thanks--

Comment

Originally posted by the red and the black:
                    Hey guys, I was asking the same question in the general forum. I just picked up a single humbucker, 1 vol knob Charvel with a Kahler USA trem, s/n 230987. I'm not sure if it is a model 1 or 2. 22 frets, rosewood board. Anyone know what model or year it is, or where I can find Kahler parts (it only has 4 fine tuners)?
                    Thanks--
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a Model 2, 1's had a non locking trem.

Kahler was still selling trems a few months ago.. (They make golf clubs now) but the old page is now gone.

You can see the old page via google here

[ February 26, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

Darn, that link is dead too. If anyone knows where to buy parts for these old Kahlers, I'd be much obliged. Or is it down to buying old beaters for parts now?

Comment

Seems that the Kahler site is back up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I emailed them and it didn't bounce.

Spoke too fast. It bounced. At least I know they are still around, but it looks like they have been having technical difficulties.

[ February 28, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: the red and the black ]

Comment

you can find Kahler parts on ebay, just do a search for Kahler, or look in the Charvel section
                          Good Luck

Comment

As far as getting parts, I would grab a used one or two just to be safe. Parts availability is getting scarce and Kahler is iffy on everything at this point in time.
                            If they start supplying parts again, then great. But if not, you're covered.

Comment

Working...
                            X