Please suggest a pickup combo for swamp ash axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please suggest a pickup combo for swamp ash axe

The guitar will have a swamp ash body and a maple neck/fingerboard. It will also sport a Floyd Rose trem. I need suggestions for a bridge humbucker pickup and a neck single coil pickup. I mainly play 80's metal and shred type music and use a Peavey JSX amp with a Genz Benz cab.

Re: Please suggest a pickup combo for swamp ash axe

May Ash King V had a JB and Classic Stack. Sounded ok I guess. I woulda preferred a Distortion.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have two guitars with those basic wood combos. (One has a quilted maple cap, the other has a pao ferro fretboard.) Both have a Dimarzio Super3 in the bridge and Virtual Vintage 2.2 SCs. Great combo.

There's a third on order with a flamed maple cap. For that one, I went with a Duncan Custom and Classic Stackeds.

Your preferences may vary. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

My Carvin has a DiMarzio Super D in the bridge and Super 2 in the neck... they work well together, but I think I'd rather have a Super 3 in the bridge to warm it up a bit.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DD and 2 cool rails.

Comment

Lawrence XL500 in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the neck. You could substitute a Dimarzio Super 3 or an Evolution in the bridge but the XL500 would match the style of the Duncan better.
            Another option would be to go for an EMG 81 in the bridge and an SA in the neck.

Comment

Working...
            X