High pass filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High pass filter?

Anyone know how to install one, or where I can find schematics? Whenever I start to roll back my volume knob, I definitely hear a loss of highs, and I need those highs damnit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    A few years ago I had a JS1000 Satriani model that had a high pass filter setup, and that worked great. But that guitar is long since gone, or I'd copy the electronics. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: High pass filter?

Interesting. I don't get a loss of highs when I roll mine back.
    What's the pickup? Is it wired to the pot first or the switch first?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It's on a Gibson Explorer. I hear it at high volumes. Some of my other guitars do it too, and some don't, so I figured if someone knew where I can get the schmeatic, I'd just install it as needed.

Comment

hey tony, you're just need to place a treble bleed filter:

- HB: connect a 0.001 mF and a 150 KOhm in parallel to the 500K Ohm pot
        - SC: connect a 0.0025 mF and a 220 KOhm in parallel to the 250K Ohm pot

Comment

Actually I was gonna say to just try running the pickup to the switch then the pot. My NASL is wired that way and it retains the highs when you back off the volume.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good advice guys, I'll try both! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Peter: Nice Spinal Tap signature. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Peter: Nice Spinal Tap signature. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. I try to live up to the words of Viv [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X