What the heck is this?!?!?!? Pics--->

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is this?!?!?!? Pics--->

This does not match any of the boards in the electronics manual posted above. Of course, this is out of my 90 RR1, so perhaps it is a board that was discontinued. Anyone have a clue?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: What the heck is this?!?!?!? Pics--->

<font color="aqua">zeegs, it looks like the midboost system with jumper wires attached where the volume pot should be (3 white wires). </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Re: What the heck is this?!?!?!? Pics---&gt;

[ QUOTE ]
      <font color="aqua">zeegs, it looks like the midboost system with jumper wires attached where the volume pot should be (3 white wires). </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, so those were probably connected to one of the pots on my RR1 before I tore everything out of it that is. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

This might be the reason you were having noise problems with the guitar. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had replaced the original volume pot with the wrong type. The pot originally mounted to the board was 50k. Just a thought.

Comment

zeegler,

I have the same cicuit in my 1992 RR1. It's wired the same way. Nice pics.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what it is.. I´m having to do that myself as we speak to a je-1200 to put it in my rhoads.. it seems the switch and the board liked to occupy the same space in the rout with the board mounted to the pot, so the Boards got mounted on the side of the cavity so the system would fit in a Rhoads´ cavity without causing other issues [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              This might be the reason you were having noise problems with the guitar. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had replaced the original volume pot with the wrong type. The pot originally mounted to the board was 50k. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes perfect sense. The pots in the guitar are just regular 500k pots.

Comment

Working...
              X