Kinda like an SD Reissue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda like an SD Reissue...

I just came across this link last night and thought I'd pass it along. I don't know this person, but I really like this guitar:

Custom Guitar inspired by SD Reissue

I really like how he beveled the edge all the way around the top and then left it natural maple, instead of adding binding - looks cooler and was probably cheaper too!

Re: Kinda like an SD Reissue...

LOL .. yep .. he's a JCF'er from Aussie .... Great guitar ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Wow.
      Very very Swwweeeeeet. Nothing gets me like a maple top and a starthead together on a Charvel.

Comment

Oooh, I saw this thread title and was gonna say stuff like [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] The San Dimas guitars from the mid 90's were the San Dimas Series, not re-issues, blah, blah, blah... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

But instead...Hey!!! Yeah!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That's my guitar, and she is an absolute beauty to look at and play, I cannot say enough good things about her. She loves gigs and is serving duty at the moment alongside the Bullseye, and it's always hard to put each of them down to play the other. When my GMW comes in, I don't know what I'm gonna do! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The natural binding was the only way to go with that maple top, to show it off, normal binding would have been a big waste of the striping.

Xeno: I've just got to work, I'll see what I can find and send you a pic or two of some front shots.

Comment

Well, I've been considering either a Jackson Custom Shop or a GMW - and either way, seeing your guitar has changed my mind about one thing: instead of plain old transparent red, I'll probably go with a red/black burst like the one you've got there. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow... that's a sweet looking guitar!

Close up hi-res of the body from the front please! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yea, it was Genebaby.. Lucky bastage! I LOVE that guitar!

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=16;t=000083

Comment

Man, I love the color. Genebaby, what kind of dye did you use for the red?

Comment

It was a custom nitrocellulos lacquer made up by Russ, the guitar's builder, based on my wants. He just applied the coats until the desired colour was there. Russ only works in nitro.

Comment

It reminds me of the PRS Black Cherry finish. I always wanted a guitar in that color. Very cool indeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X