EMG Tone Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Tone Pots

I have a KXK king v style guitar that has a VERY tight control cavity, with just enough room for a 3 way selector, 1 volume knob, and an afterburner. I assume that the tone knobs for an EMG setup are stil 25k or whatever, but do i need a volume knob in the setup? I could use one for the sound I'm tryin to get right now, and i can get by without a volume pot on the guitar.

Is this kind of a setup possible? Will I need a diferent pot? I think I might have one laying around, but if not, then I wonder if I could just put a capacitor on it or something like I think the tone pots have on them?

Re: EMG Tone Pots

Yes, it should be possible to do. EMG tone pots are also 25k, so you should be able to just put a capacitor on, rewire the thing and use the volume pot as a tone pot instead. The capacitor would be soldered in between the hot pin on the output jack and the middle leg of the pot. The hot lead from the pickup switch should also go directly to the output jack. (I think that would do it)
    The first leg on the pot should not be connected to anything, and the third leg would be connected to the common ground. Btw, the capacitor value should be 0.1 micro farad.

If you want both volume and tone pots in the guitar, you could also order a concentric 25k pot from EMG. That lets you have both on a stacked knob.

Comment

great, thanks!

Comment

+1
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Who needs tone controls? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...