Pointy Head #5074 (what do I have?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointy Head #5074 (what do I have?)

It's been several months since I've bought and sold a Charvel, and my last one was a killer strathead, but this one is pointy head. I may want to buy it. I'm not studied up on pointy head Charvels, so maybe someone can clue me in on whether or not this one is worth picking up It's got a San Dimas neckplate on back, with serial # 5074.
    It's red, has 2 humbuckers, one knob, one switch, black Kahler trem, and the neck appears to be solid maple, or maybe some kind of more orange colored wood, which I've never seen, that I can recall. Has Charvel logo on headstock, with "made in USA" . Please inform . I need to know if this is just another late model throw away, or something good. What might it be worth on eBay? It's in great shape.
    Thanks!
    Shane

Re: Pointy Head #5074 (what do I have?)

Doesn't sound like a throwaway to me...but you can throw it my way if you want!! As long as the guitar logo is gold, with 3 on a side tuners, it's a SD Charvel, and would be a good one to get. Although some might despise the Kahler. Me, I just leave the bar in the case, and play it like a fixed bridge. How much can you get it for??

Comment

I can get it for probably $100. They are asking $139, but that is negotiable at a Pawn shop. Last Charvel I got at a pawn shop for $225, then sold on ebay for $1,500. It was a strathead though. And man was it a sweeety pie! I miss it.
      OK so what about the 3 on each side tuners? It's a pointy head, and they are all in a line, so I'm not sure what you mean. (hey, I'm a keyboardist, what do I know?!) Thanks for any info!

Comment

Throw it your way Tom??!!.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

$100!!!!!!!!!!...sell it to meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!.............puhleeeeeeeeaaa aaaasssseeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Sounds like they may have in import with a SD Plate, or maybe not. Is the logo on the HS 3 per side and in gold?....if it's a white logo with inline headstock then it's an import.

Comment

That's right Vic!!! You don't wanna pay all those customs and duty charges on another guitar, do ya?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Anyway, $100 dollars would be like robbing the place...especially if it does have the SD neck. Just about any Charvel for a "C" note is a good deal.

Comment

Yes, it has the gold logo. If this actually is the real deal, can someone give me an idea of it's worth on eBay? I plan to buy the guitar first thing in the morning.
              I'm going to try to add a little cool gremlin here, for practice.
              [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Will you be buying it for me Shane?..(blink, blink)...

Comment

"late model throw away?" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hey another guitar pimp.

Welcome to the JCF.

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What does "3 on a side tuners" mean? PLease describe this technical term.
                    Also, I forgot to look for a skunk stripe on back of the neck. I know it was a good thing on my pre pro strathead I had, but how about on this pointy? Did they have the stripe of not?
                    [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

3 x 3 looks like the logo under my name to the left of this post [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Does the Neck Plate say San Dimas or Fort Worth.
                      Email me the address of the pawn shop I'll check it out for ya [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Depends on condition to what it will bring on Dabay. anywhere from $450 up -

Sounds like a killer deal [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I'm going to buy the Charvel in about an hour. I'll give details later today about it, and you guys can let me know what ya think. Thanks for the info.
                        (and what's this "guitar pimp" thing? I LOVE Charvels, but will only actually keep one when I get another as sweet as the one I last had. A Maple top pre pro strathead. Oh sooo yummmy!)
                        Bye for now. Peace

Comment

Well well, that snowstorm just hit Nashville today like a ton of bricks. I got stuck in traffic all day, and of course when I got there, the pawn shop was CLOSED due to weather. (yes, it was BAAAAD)
                          So, first thing friday, I'll be there to buy Mr guitar. Heck, I may even keep this one. I need a rocker to accent my Tom Anderson Drop Top.
                          Till tomorrow.....

Comment

So you bought this guitar and say you're thinking of keeping it... yet in another thread you say it's left-handed and you're not left-handed, so you're selling it. What the hell is wrong with you?!? Thanks for trolling by. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=4;t=000027

[ January 19, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dear mr. dumb dumb,
                              If you would observe the dates on the posts I've made, and put it all together, you may have a clue. Not to mention, as odd as it sounds, the first time I saw the guitar at the shop was friday, and I didn't even play it then, which is the reason I didn't even notice it was a lefty. I didn't notice till yesterday when the pawn shop finally opened back up, and I went there, actually picked the thing up and played it. I wish I could keep it---if only it were not a lefty. I bought it anyway, and have put out word on this forum that it's for sale, thus putting another killer Charvel in the hands of a collector, rather than some kid who will draw and paint crap all over it and do unspeakable things to a wonderful Charvel.
                              Before jumping to judgement on people, use your nogin a little bit first, and see the whole picture.
                              [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X