Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing strings on a fixed kahler?

Hey guys,

sorry for the dumb question, but I'm wondering if there is anything I should know before I try this out.

I've only ever used TOMs and floyds, so this is new to me

Re: Changing strings on a fixed kahler?

There shouldn't be anything to be wary of. As long as each of the top screws that hold the roller part of the saddle roller is tight enough that it won't slip out once the strings are removed, there shouldn't be any parts that'll slide off to scratch the guitar (like TOMs unless it's a Tonepros!).
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Re: Changing strings on a fixed kahler?

You'll have to hold the ball end in the cup till you get some tension on it, just because the string is so stiff. If you've got locking tuners, you shouldn't have to worry with that, though - just put the ball in the cup, pull the string tight through the tuner, lock it down and tune it up.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X