Musikraft Vs. USA Custon Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musikraft Vs. USA Custon Guitars

Has anyone purchased necks from either Musikraft or USA Custom Guitars?
    How are they?
    I heard USA necks are great but was wondering about Musikraft Necks since they make the right size Charvel replacement necks.

Re: Musikraft Vs. USA Custon Guitars

I can't say anything about USACustom Guitars because they never quoted the drawings I sent them for a complete guitar, nor replied at all so I won't buy from them. Musikraft necks are very nice, but are somewhat luthier grade. You have to do some work on them, like fret level, file the fret ends, crowning and polishing the frets, but they make a great Charvel neck and in nice woods. Warmoth makes the best necks IMHO, because they are bolt on and go. Warmoth will make you a neck pretty close to a Charvel except in such cases a 2-1/4" heel as an example. They only make the 2-3/16" heel. Although, they will make anything you want for a price. Just contact Ken Warmoth for special stuff.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i've heard great things about USACG, and i've spoken with tommy a few times on the phone and he was always nothing but nice, and very accomodating. i've always meant to ask if they do neck thru bodies, anyone know?

a note with most aftermarket necks; expect to do some fretwork. many have been able to bolt on a warmoth neck and go, but from the 5 that i've had, i've absolutely HAD to spot-level 3 of them so far. (the other two haven't been strung up yet)

from what i've seen, the makers of the necks (warmoth, etc) do say on their sites that you should expect to do at least a little bit of fretwork. you'd be surprised at the difference when you get the frets leveled; it can make a guitar really see its potential.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i've seen some neck through employee projects at usacg - they may also do some OEM stuff along those lines but i've not seen any parts offered as such - IOW, they can do it if you really want it.

i talked to a guy that has done a bunch of finishing on the USACG, Warmoth, and Musikraft parts. Basically, he said the Musikraft stuff was on par with Warmoth and USACG for the necks but the bodies were very rough so expect more work on a body from Musikraft than the other folks. I've gotten rough bodies from Warmoth too though.

With any of these guys I would expect to do some additional sanding (particularly if you're going to oil it) and at least basic fret level and dress. I've had one Warmoth neck and one USACG neck both ready to bolt on - the frets were great. That is the exception though - every other neck I've gotten including GMW needed work.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've got three USA Custom necks. They are all excellent. No fretwork required on any of them. Top notch work all around on all three. I haven't tried a Musikraft neck yet, so I can't compare the two.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

a note with most aftermarket necks; expect to do some fretwork. many have been able to bolt on a warmoth neck and go, but from the 5 that i've had, i've absolutely HAD to spot-level 3 of them so far. (the other two haven't been strung up yet)

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying that all along Sully but people still say they wont buy Musikraft because of it [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]. I have seen Warmoths, WD, All parts and Musikraft necks all needing some work. I have 5 Musikraft necks (another neck on order)...2 of them needed fret ends filed down. I like Musikrafts, you can select a lot of different options, woods, profiles etc. I order them to what I want, not copying a Jackson or Charvel profile.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

WoW! Seems as though TWO of my posts have been deleted here.
              No cursing, nothing against forum policy, just an honest opinion and a caution to read the fine print when ordering Warmoth necks.

Thanks Admin.
              I think I'm about through with this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                WoW! Seems as though TWO of my posts have been deleted here.
                No cursing, nothing against forum policy, just an honest opinion and a caution to read the fine print when ordering Warmoth necks.

Thanks Admin.
                I think I'm about through with this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

no need for drama.. theres 2 threads about the same thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#633783
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have used USACG products and have been impressed.The necks are very nice,the fretwork is top notch.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X