Jackson wireing Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson wireing Colors

I have a Charvel Model series guitar had a shop wire up for me a few years ago. (Dual Hum, J80 & J50, 5-way mega switch) Problem is the guitar is either on or off nothing in the middle. I don’t think the shop was familiar with Jackson color codes. I think the got the green and black wires crossed. They have green to ground and black to the switch. Would swapping the wires resolve my problem?

Also I have a pair of EVO’s I was going to but in my Model 5. I was thinking about putting them in this instead, what do you guys think?
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Jackson wireing Colors

All Jackson pickups I've had green is ground.

Comment

Green does go to ground. I have a feeling he just didn't wire the switch right to take advantake of the split coil positions on the switch. Are the red & white wires just soldered together like normal rather than connected to separate lugs on the switch? Here's the schematic for the switch w/ Jackson pickups (lower right):

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/J.../target11.html

As for whether to put in the DiMarzios, I think I would. I still haven't switched out the J80 & J50 in my 750XL yet, but I plan to soon. They're not horrible, they're just not great.

Comment

I think you were right about the switch. I put the EVOs in and got the same result.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

here's a good color code reference:
          [image][/image]

Comment

So based on the chart, for Jackson pickups, the green wire is the "hot", and the red and white should be soldered together, as you would with the black and white on a Dimarzio? That would explain a few things!

Comment

Working...
            X