pre-pro on e-bay last november and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-pro on e-bay last november and others

dinkyjacksondude, thanks for throwing this up here. I know its gone but was it even real??? Renton WA.

[ January 12, 2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: renton ]

Re: pre-pro on e-bay last november and others

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=920484311

Here is.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it was real.If not the buyer wouldn't spend that much money.
      Many of these prepros are basically parts guitars.
      So it is hard to say if this was original or not.
      Some parts are real , some are not.
      Hossman can answer your questions better.

I personaly wouldn't pay that much for it but for someone else,maybe is a great buy.

Comment

I'll have too look tomorrow. Home computer mosem takes forever to load images from the bay. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] But as I remember that was a correct PerPro. I don't know why Mars Music would call that a prototype? maybe the color -I don't remember? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'll look tomorrow.
        Criag paid top dollar for this PrePro but I don't believe you are going to see the prices drop [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Some of the Pre Serialized (PrePro) Charvels did have square string trees and I know of at least one other with a white control cavity plate. As I remember this had Brass fret makers which I though was very cool indeed. I double check Pictures tomorrow [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

One other thing i noticed with this one is either the neck was originally void of a decal and it was put on later,or, it had a small one and it came off and the later logo was added later down the road. Then again it could be the right logo right when they started them. They might have had one of those necks layin around in the shop at the start of the particular logo on the neck (1980???). I would really like to see some more photos from the 78-79 timeframe of guitars that are out there, this would be friggin cool! Im gonna start hunting these. What i need to do is get with some of my old buddies sometime if i can find them because i know that these are under beds and in closets. Hell, alot of these guy or gals have forgotten about these and are shooting rivets into Boeing airplanes in the Renton or Seattle area. How bout a field trip with a bagged lunch to the AUBURN and PUYALLUP,WA. areas! I can't imagine what is lurking around there. Renton.

[ January 12, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: renton ]

Comment

I am pretty sure most of these prepros are with collectors who would not sell them but with a lot of money,maybe yes.
              Also,I am sure many prepros endded up as parts like many people at the time loved adding Floyd,scalloping the necks,adding extra holes and pickups and so on.
              It is just hard to find a good one these days.
              If you find a good one, expect to pay around 2K which is still cheaper than buying a new Gibson.
              [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              It is alomost impossible to find dead mint untouched prepro or Strat Head Charvels.Most of these have some issues like added something which I think is still cool.
              Eddie Van Halen was the hottest guitarist at the time who made "modifying guitars" thing popular.

A question, do you think this Charvel below is cool?
              Added Floyd one.I think it is real cool.
              If modification was done with the right person,It can be even cooler than the original(for playability).

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ January 12, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

Very Nice - Very Very Nice. I tend to like the single hum set up. I am fine with mods on the early guitars, as that happened almost always, even a little beat up (used) is fine with me.There are still some under beds someplace and they will show up from time to time - but you must be watching or hunting - Good Luck

Comment

You will soon be with the lovely single hum one...!
                  You know what I mean Hossman.

I just have to have 2hums. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is my 1981 Pre-Serialied San Dimas Charvel - All Original - No Mods [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

KILLER GUITARS, all of them!

Comment

When i saw, it i don't remember square string trees and white control cavity plates back in the day but i can be wrong. Other than those two wonder items the guitar looked pretty "OLD". I disagree with the term "PROTOTYPE". The guy selling this probably meant prototypical. Custom Colors were offered at least in June 1978 according to Charvel ad's during 78'. Whoever got that one should be happy, its probably as killer as the rest of them! Renton.

[ January 12, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: renton ]

Comment

Working...
                          X