Brass Bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Bridges

Now that i've seen a interesting topic on Floyd Rose Bridges in the EVH grail threads lets all of us see if we can nail down the various brass bridges in use before Floyd appears! Renton,WA.

Re: Brass Bridges

GOOD LUCK [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] There were many used and various manufactures. Different saddles, different widths. Charvel was a custom shop so you want this or that - you got it. Wayne also sold parts. Shops like Bizzare Guitar bought necks and bodys and could make customs for buyers and they had many styles of Bridges. I believe Eric posted a vast amount of availble bridges from the 76-86 time frame on Charvel Central.

my 0.02 cents

Comment

my personal favorite being the old Stars guitars brass bridge [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hoss, is that Brian Goff's Bizarre Guitars in Madison, Wisconsin? I bought a Candy Apple Green Dinky Reverse off him on ebay last year. Cool guy!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

really how many different brass V-trems did they have. ive only seen 3 the 2 bent plate ones with long straighter saddle holes the key hole saddles & the one with larger base plate kinda like the brass fixed bridges?

I'm not counting any bizarre guitars stuff or other special one off/ small shop offerings but "factory" charvel.

Comment

The Bazzar Guitar I was talking about was in Las Vagas, Nevada.
            [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] special one off/ small shop offerings but "factory" charvel [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Charvel Mfg and Charvel Jackson was a small shop with custom offerings? They were a Custom Shop. They had thier good times and they had thier bad times. When there was a need they used brass from where they could get it supplied - so there are one offs from the Chravel Factory also.

my 0.02 cents

http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net

[ January 10, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

This is only scratching the surface!!!!!

-eric

[ January 10, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

The photograph is simply an amazing example in how many differences there are with these!

Comment

Originally posted by Hossman:
                  The Bazzar Guitar I was talking about was in Las Vagas, Nevada.
                  [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] special one off/ small shop offerings but "factory" charvel [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool, thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 11, 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

So Eric, which one of those would be "The Best Holy Grail"? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for sharing Eric [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      and toejam you are welcome, Please fell free to give me ideas and I may add them to the site. Rob Lane had a lot of cool things, but I will be adding more.

[email protected]

Comment

Bizarre Guitar is in Reno actually and Greg the owner still runs the place and still has bodies and necks from the early days.

Comment

bobbyvee you are correct - BIZARRE GUITAR RENO, It's been a while since I sold my Star Bizarre Guitar (years ago) - I knew it was in Nevada though [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X