brass parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brass parts

im getting some brass parts made; strap buttons, trems, hardtails etc..... i need to know if there are any more brass items needed that im leaving out......im going to get some made just like the originals....let me know if any1 here has an interest or parts to use as a guide....these wont be done until summer

Re: brass parts

knobs, string trees & possible nuts. also trem bars or bar tips.
    josh another member here had some strap buttons made & i know alot of guys here bought some myself included. they were VERY VERY close slightly thinner & different inner angle (where screw goes).

you should check with some of the guys who are more knowledgable than me on the subject, but im pretty sure they did 2 different string trees a rectangle & a round.

Comment

I'll add this... if youre gonna do anything make sure you "do it to the letter" or you wont recoupe your investment...it is a fickle market and the majority want it dead on...just food for thought... best, john

Comment

Ooh, sounds good, I've been looking for a brass hardtail bridge, but I'm in no hurry for it.

Comment

Genebaby, Eric at Abalone vintage might be able to hook you up with a brass hardtail bridge. Renton

Comment

Cool, thanx. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

you may want to reconsider banging out the brass...correct brass is in the works by one notable person and several others? are you guys trying to drive the market down? with everything thats coming your investment may exceed your return.....john

Comment

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I have got more brass parts out very soon. These will all be dead on, very close if not exact. Thanks to those of you who helped me to get this going. I have a had some nice feedback and it has been very rewarding to me to be able to create something for people who share the same love I have for Charvels. I have some specials for the peeps that helped me make these projects happen. Stay tunned.

Josh

Comment

I have to agree with John 100%
                  Carefull with investments that may exceed your return, as others with brass parts are due out soon.

Comment

i do have some hard tail bridges i got from wayne....also, im having all the parts made by the guy who made them originally for charvel....funny thing is, i knew this guy for awhile but never knew he did that....it never came up

Comment

I have been trying to find a blank brass neckplate for awhile to complete a pre pro restoration. Anyone know where to find a brass neckplate? I have been watching ebay, and have never seen one come up.

Jason

Comment

Trillian, which hard tail bridges do you have? Are they the thicker type baseplate? Also what's the string spacing? Oh ya, any in gold? That's it I think. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks Jason

Comment

its best to email directly, i dont get over here much

the NOS is all gold.....its the original stuff, thick....i have both hum and single spaced bridges

Comment

Working...
                          X