Kelly bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly bass

Hey, my dad recently gave my mom money to get a Kelly bass from ebay, which I won on december 23rd. It's taken a while for the money order to clear, but it was shipped tuesday, so I'm hoping to get it either tomorrow or Saturday.
    How many people here own or have played Kelly basses? Do they sound and play well? From the reviews I've read, they seem like good basses. The one I'm getting is a KB1 with Seymour Duncan pickups. So please share your experiences (if any) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Kelly bass

My brother has one. It was a great bass and he liked it, but he ended up ripping out the fretboard, made it fretless (ebony with a ace of spades @ the 12th), refinished it in a greenburst and changed the hardware to gold. It's still a Jackson, just modded to hell, but he loves it. And welcome to the forum [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Here are some pics before the refinish:

Comment

Wow, that looks great [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      Once I get my bass I'd like to paint the bevels a dark green. I've been to a reliable website that explains how to do it, but I don't know if I will.
      Thanks for the welcome [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

These are a couple of the pics that were on the auction page:

Comment

Well I got the bass today at noon. I've been trying to find out about the serial number, but couldn't find anything. The number is 01061453, if anyone can help find out what year it was made and where, I'd appreciate it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

My kelly is awesome.Bought mine off of ebay...check it out
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Kelly-Bass-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            My brother has one. It was a great bass and he liked it, but he ended up ripping out the fretboard, made it fretless (ebony with a ace of spades @ the 12th), refinished it in a greenburst and changed the hardware to gold. It's still a Jackson, just modded to hell, but he loves it. And welcome to the forum [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Here are some pics before the refinish:

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo that is a nice kelly bass. gnnnnfff grrrr rruuuuhh - wallet not streching.... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A friend of ours did the work, so it didn't cost a dime [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] besides the hardware, paint and pickups which we bought

Comment

all the same, it's a killer result. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'll let him know his work is appreciated, thanks guys! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW! that fretless kelly bass is awesome!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      WOW! that fretless kelly bass is awesome!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it is, makes mine look like shit :P lol
                      Still trying to find out about my serial number, but no luck yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

EXELENT

Beatiful Bass Men. Congratulations!!! I want one of this- = )

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Well I got the bass today at noon. I've been trying to find out about the serial number, but couldn't find anything. The number is 01061453, if anyone can help find out what year it was made and where, I'd appreciate it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That serial number should put it as made in India in 2001.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X