Neck and Body Heel Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck and Body Heel Construction

Jackson liike other manufacturers - Fender, Suhr etc... use a relatively big block of wood in the area where the neck joins the body (Bolt On that is).

Ibanez by comparison (and some other manufacturers of course) has their "all access" neck joint.

Logically I would think there would be some loss of tone and sustain with the Ibanez type construction.

Am I correct to assume this? I can't think of any other reason for a large and somewhat cumbersome traditional style bolt on neck joint.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Neck and Body Heel Construction

[ QUOTE ]
    Jackson liike other manufacturers - Fender, Suhr etc... use a relatively big block of wood in the area where the neck joins the body (Bolt On that is).

Ibanez by comparison (and some other manufacturers of course) has their "all access" neck joint.

Logically I would think there would be some loss of tone and sustain with the Ibanez type construction.

Am I correct to assume this? I can't think of any other reason for a large and somewhat cumbersome traditional style bolt on neck joint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think "traditional" is the key word here.

Comment

Working...
    X