De-solderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-solderer

I have had one for years and didn't know what it was until I saw one at Radio Shack. Do you? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: De-solderer

I just use the copper braid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I use solder wick (copper braided material). Solder suckers work pretty well, but the wick works best to remove all the old solder.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Just heat it up real hot and shake the solder off aiming it at the floor

Comment

This is "Tear ass Bulba". Haven't tried it yet. But you heat the thing up; press the bulb and when the solder melts you release the bulb and it sucks it up. I can hardly wait with all the non-working pots and switches I bought on "perfect guitars". [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I solder on guitars almost every day, and I use two tools to remove solder. The first one is a rubber bulb that you compress then it returns to it's original size and sucks the solder near it into the bulb. It's great for collecting puddles of solder, and if you can't figure out how it works you probably will forget how to breathe soon too.

I prefer it to the spring action solder sucker in that you don't get that jolt from the spring returning home that can jerk your sucker from your work. Plus it's two freakin' pieces of injection molded plastic and rubber, what can go wrong?

For removing ALL solder from a particular object, once you've used the bulb to clean up the bulk of the mess, the solder wick works great for soaking up the remnants of the last solder job...

Comment

+1 for the spring loaded one. A little easier to use and to get in to tighter spaces.

slevy007

Comment

Any Brits on here? I remember making a trip to London in the late '80s where I had to supervise the rework of about 1200 PCs in a warehouse. When I was making a list of tools the techs needed, one of the top requests was for a "solder sipper." You Brits are just so polite. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree that those spring-loaded solder suckers can be hard to control, especially for delicate work. Braid works well for me in most cases.

Comment

Working...
                X