Good V-Trems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good V-Trems?

I've got a project going right now. I'm thinking I might convert a guitar from a Floyd to a V-Trem. I was wondering what are some of the good V-trems out there. The only experience I have with one is the Wilkinson VSV on my Hamer Mirage which a lot of people think is the worst V-trem in existence. Any suggestions?

Re: Good V-Trems?

For a conversion or a new project I'd seriously consider the Fender / Floyd Rose locking vintage trem.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Thanks, Brad. I'll look into that one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        For a conversion or a new project I'd seriously consider the Fender / Floyd Rose locking vintage trem.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Huh? Fender/Floyd makes a vintage trem? Where can you find one of those?
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

On their custom shop contemporary Strats. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Or you could try here. I see they've deep-sixed the Floyd Rose branding but that one is otherwise identical to the one on my Strat.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I've got a guitar with the Wilkinson VSV and it works great. A lot of high end guitars use this bridge in fact.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

What about the run-of-the-mill American Deluxe Strat tremolos? How decent are those?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I've got a guitar with the Wilkinson VSV and it works great. A lot of high end guitars use this bridge in fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, Tim, it works just fine for me, too. There's a couple of guys over on the Hamer board that think the best place for this trem is the dumpster. I never had a problem with it, whatsoever. And as little as I use a trem, it works just fine for me.

Comment

The V-style two-point trem on my Charvel Traditional is real nice. Stays in tune well w/a set of Sperzels, has a nice fluid motion, and seems like a solid piece.

Not sure who made them, though - might be a Gotoh.

Comment

schaller makes a direct vintage replacement for floyd with the same stud spacing as a floyd
                    however if you are going to drill anyway I would suggest the hipshot trem (solid brass,beautifull pivoting system and the most stable vintage trem I have (and I have about 25)

Comment

Working...
                    X