Strings Strings Strings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strings Strings Strings...

Just wondering what strings you guys are using and good sources for getting them? (I am actually laughing at myself as I ask this question...reminds me of the high school days of " so and so uses Boomers so that's all I will use" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I did a quick search and saw a few sites out there, but figured hey ask the guys!

Re: Strings Strings Strings...

www.juststrings.com

www.webstrings.com

www.stringsandbeyond.com

Comment

Strings are always cheaper online than retailers, so I try and buy strings in bulk whenever websites have free shipping with low minimum purchases.

Same day music had GHS boomers for 3 bucks a while back and free shipping on everything so I bought 10 packs for 30. A damn good deal considering no tax and no shipping.

Comment

I've used GHS Boomers since the '80s, now I use Carvin (Boomers in Carvin packaging) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] They used to be $2.75 a pack, now they're $2.99. 10-46 on guitars in E or Eb. Then I use EB Power Slinky 11-48 on my Jackson in D, and the Slinky 10-56 on my 7-string.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just ordered a ten pack of XLs from MF. $29.99 plus $4.95 shipping.

They also have a 25 set bulk box for $59.99 plus $6.95 shipping.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/104582/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...o&Nty=1&page=1
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

For DUDEFUCKINHELLYEAH! I use D'Addadrio 12-52's, then I ditch the low E 52 and swap it for a 60.

For my new doom sideproject I use Ernie Ball Barione Slinkys, 13-72.

Comment

Working...
            X