Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

heavy strings, standard E and floyd rose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy strings, standard E and floyd rose.

Does the heavy string gauges (starting from 11, 12 or even 13) would ruin/worn out the floyd rose saddles or any other parts if I would use them in standard E tuning?

Thanks!
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: heavy strings, standard E and floyd rose.

no...been usind 12-52 in standaard for years and have never worn out a single part [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Once you lock the strings, they don't move/slide/grind against anything (I think), so it's pretty safe. Safer than a v-trem, where the strings grind against the nut and the saddles like a band saw.

Comment

thanks Tim and Don, just wanted to be sure, light strings feel gay to me
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

They sound thin and gay, too [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

yup, I'm all about good fat tone and light strings suck for that.

Comment

Working...
            X