Trem Setters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Setters

Does anyone have them installed on their floyd? I've been thinking about getting one, but I don't know if I should or not so any opinions would be cool. How much do they usually cost, also? If I get something from ebay I should know prices.

Thanks

Re: Trem Setters

I was thinking of trying one, then I decided to try an ESP Arming Adjuster. I just got it. I'll give a review when i have time to finish installing it. I got mine from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EWN%3AIT&rd=1. The same guy is on jemsite.com forums. name-budrroyce. He was very helpful telling me about them. Or do a search there or any guitar forum. I think Trem setter and Arming adjuster go for $40- $50 US new.

Comment

Damn, I knew I seen something about that somewhere. I feel stupid :P

Thanks for the link.

Comment

Before putting in a tremsetter, you might want to check out the Tremol-No, or the Freelok. Both of these are less invasive to install than the tremsetter and appear to offer superior features. The Tremol-No hasn't been released yet, unfortunately. It looks like it will be the best choice. I'm waiting for it & plan to get one as soon as they are available. If it works as advertised, I'll be buying a bunch of them.

Comment

jsully6, I was trying to remember where i saw that article too.

Comment

Freyr, i think you can use the ESP WITH tremol-no. Why don't you try them all and let us know what we shuld buy EH? I would but, then I'd have no time to play gtr.

Comment

Why are you looking to install one?

Comment

Do we know yet when the Tremol-No will be available? It looks like a fantastic product!

Comment

Does the Tremel-no stabalize though? It only said stuff about locking it, which I defently don't want to do.

Comment

With the "Deep-C" feature, which will supposedly be standard, the Tremel-No gives you full float, dive only, and locked. I don't think it stiffens the feel or keeps the trem stabilized at the "zero point" like the tremsetter. So if you want a more stable trem in full floating mode & don't mind the stiffness, the tremsetter might still be the best choice for you.

Comment

Can't wait for the Tremel-NO. Looks like it may bring a resurgence to the whammy bar!!!

Comment

dude the bar never went anywhere.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Does the Tremel-no stabalize though?

[/ QUOTE ]
                          The Tremol-No is ***NOT*** spring-loaded. It is not designed to 'bring you back in tune' after a string break like the TremSetter and Arming Adjuster (and a couple of other devices).
                          The good news is that the Tremol-No won't change the "feel" of your trem. It will feel and function exactly as it always has.

I reccommend folks check out the FAQ section on Tremol-No.com, and the demonstration video (on the Videos page).

I haven't tried the Arming Adjuster with a Tremol-No yet, but I don't see any problems with them working together. I'm just not a fan of drilling into guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We are working as fast as we can to get the Tremol-No out to you guys. We are doing dealer & manuf. pre-orders at NAMM and public pre-orders shortly thereafter. We've got a quality factory building the units using top of the line materials. It just takes a little longer than if we rushed it with loose tolerances and craptastic material.

Thanks for your patience folks. I hope to make it worth your wait.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or post here (I check pretty regularly). Thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            dude the bar never went anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you call the 90's crappy NirvaNAesque music sans tremelo... It did take a back seat for at least a decade. It is slowly coming back. Still not to the point it was in the late 80's.

Comment

Working...
                            X