X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing trem's stud inserts? Help!

How can I change them?
    How can I get the old ones out?
    How should I attach the new ones? What glue should I use?

Shold I even do it? I'm changing the JT580 for OFR.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Changing trem\'s stud inserts? Help!

[ QUOTE ]
    How can I change them?
    How can I get the old ones out?
    How should I attach the new ones? What glue should I use?

Shold I even do it? I'm changing the JT580 for OFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't Glue them!

The main reason for doing it is that OFR stud and bushings should have finer threads and shouldn't wobble as much as the cheap import stuff (import if you live in Germany [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

I'll let someone else describe in detail how to pull and push them in, but I think it's been discussed here quite a few times recently.

Comment

thanks, I find some useful threads too

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post593712
      http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post463534
      http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post460086

I still would like to know about how to attach the new ones, Newc's way is pretty good but is there more good ways?
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I got those out pretty easily altho I still managed to cause major damages to the paint lol

but those new ones don't go all the way to the end that easily....I have to try and try...

Comment

steel hammer and plastic screwdriver's grip worked fine

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I got those out pretty easily altho I still managed to cause major damages to the paint lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Put away the power tools [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X