Clear All

• Wiring Help! 2 Hums, 1 single and 1 vol

Any help please?

Rodrigo.
    Facebook - Youtube

Re: Wiring Help! 2 Hums, 1 single and 1 vol

Whaddya need to know?

It depends on the switch mostly.

For a standard 5-way blade, all you can get is bridge, bridge+middle, middle, middle+neck, and neck, because a standard 5-way is a 3-way with "bridges" between the three main positions.

You can add push/pull knobs or other switches to get coil splitting, or you can get a Jackson Special 5-way or similar (Megaswitch) that has independent connections for each position, which allows any combination, however, you're still gonna need minis or push/pulls to do everything possible.

However, if you're going with a 3-way blade or Gibson toggle, you're limited even further because the 3-way blade only has 3 options, and the Gibby is a 2-way switch with a bridge in the middle.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dude, you're everywhere! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have a 5 way blade. The 2 hums are already wired, but i need to know where the fuck to wire the single coil! lol.
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

here's a diagram for 3 pickups and a 5 way. ignore the tone knob, and even though this diagram is for single coils, it may work for you, as long as you're just wanting placement location:

http://seymourduncan.com/support/sch...ne1switch.html

i've got a diagram for a steve vai h/s/h 5 way setup but apparently it needs a tone knob to work. so anyway, that oughta at least get you in the neighborhood.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully,

Gonna check that out right now.
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...