Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can i find a trem arm that will fit a JT-6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i find a trem arm that will fit a JT-6?

G'day all,
    This is my first post here

I just bought a Charvel Model 3 and it didn't come with a trem arm. I checked in the Trem Research project thread, and it appears that i have a JT-6 trem.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase an arm from this bridge, if anyone on the forum has one, id love to buy it, or if anyone knows where i can buy one from a shop (providing it ships to Australia) i'd love to hear from you!

If someone could advise what other arms woudl fit this bridge, i'd also be greatful, cause that could be another option for me.

I hope to hear from someone soon

Waz.

Re: Where can i find a trem arm that will fit a JT-6?

www.fretsonthenet.com - dave is a member here - he's budman68
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Re: Where can i find a trem arm that will fit a JT

+1 to the Budman, great products, great prices, great guy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Side note: Ibanez Edge arms aalso work fine, at least for a while [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks guys, i really appreciate your help! i was just about to buy a whole new bridge!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          thanks guys, i really appreciate your help! i was just about to buy a whole new bridge!

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not a bad idea anyway.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not a bad idea anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree..I have an extra for parts, just in case [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

why do u think changing bridge wouldn't be a bad idea? aren't the JT-6's very good? I have no previous experience with floyd roses.

any comments?

Comment

Some people really like the JT-6, while others really dislike them. As far as I've understood, the biggest flaw in the JT-6 is the low quality metal they're made of - and it may be tricky to find parts for them once they break.

I'd say stick with the JT-6 for a bit and see how it handles the job. If you're happy with its performance, there's really no reason to replace it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  why do u think changing bridge wouldn't be a bad idea? aren't the JT-6's very good? I have no previous experience with floyd roses.

any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Well, I was talking about buying a spare JT-6... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, yeah im definitely going to try out the JT-6 for a good amount of time Thanks for your input guys!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      +1 to the Budman, great products, great prices, great guy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Side note: Ibanez Edge arms aalso work fine, at least for a while [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

he also takes Beer donations, but i think that thread was deleted....
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Ok, yeah im definitely going to try out the JT-6 for a good amount of time Thanks for your input guys!

[/ QUOTE ] Good call. I had one on my Model 6 and it workd just as well as any other. The only thing I didn't like about it was the position of the fine tuners. I couldn't get along with them.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I second the dislike for the fine tuner position. That's the only flaw I see, but I generally prefer an OFR or Schaller JT-590 over the JT-6.

Comment

I thought the JT6 worked extremely well when I had my old Model 6 and Model 5A, and I actually liked the fine tuner position a lot.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i don't seem to be minding it atm, although ive never owned a guitar with the alternte fine tuner positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X