Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem problem

Sorry I moved this here from other forum

I am interested in getting a DXMG and a DK2, I think they are great.

However I noticed when the trem is on there is a slight delay when you move the bar to when the bridge moves. this is obviously caused by a slight gap in the collar (cap nut) that the bar goes through. The guy at the store said that's just the way they are but I was wondering if any one here knew of a fix that I could do or have done?

Thanks

Re: Trem problem

I threw a OFR bar on my DK2 and the gap went away.Now it feels very solid.

Comment

This is one of my biggest pet peeve with the trems on the newer Jackson imports......actually, most licensed FR's. You can buy a seperate higher quality arm such as an OFR arm. They usually come with the arm that has the threaded collar and the post that it screws into. They cost about $20 and arent hard to change.

Comment

Buy an original Floyd arm + collar for 15 bucks, problem solved [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Get some pipefitter's tape (teflon tape) and wrap the threads of the screw-on post for a slightly tighter fit, or wrap the bar itself below the collar in electrical tape so it's a tighter fit in the insert.

Or do like the others said and order an OFR bar and insert package.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X