Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any place to buy Neckthru Wizard blanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any place to buy Neckthru Wizard blanks?

I know about Carvin and their neckthru blanks.. but I would LOVE to get a Wizard neck from Ibanez blank for a neckthru..

Just playing my POS RG lately since I broke a string on the kelly, and I realized how much I love these necks.. and with me building a new guitar in the next few months.. I want a wizard neck blank, like the dimensions and radius.. That would be awesome..

I might even consider taking this neck off, doing a refretting and re inlays.. then making a bolt-on guitar, cause damn this neck is that amazing =]

Re: Any place to buy Neckthru Wizard blanks?

I´m pretty sure Carvin is the only place that sells their neckthru necks to the public "directly".... and to be honest I´ve never thought that was a sound Idea, but they seem to be doing ok....

Comment

Carvin is the only place I know of that sells neck thru blanks. I've got one on my homemade V and it really is a nice neck. But, if you're looking for that Wizard shape, keep looking. It's nowhere as thin.

Comment

You can always buy the Carvin blank and sand or shave the neck down to whatever profile you want. Remember that the Carvin neck blank is a 25" scale. I think Stew-Mac also has neck thru blanks that is comparable to the Carvin.

Comment

stew mac blank = carvin blank.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yep, carvin sells stew mac the blanks and stew mac "relabels" them (no label, so it´s just technically what they´re doing) and sells them as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm.. I would like to sand down and etc, but then again I have no woodworking experiance whatsoever, and would most likely totally fuck it up.. hmm

I might just make my normal custom with the blank, then maybe in the future, buy another 2 pieces of alder boards, and make a bolt-on with this neck.. or i dunno.. maybe i'll do the bolt on first.. cause wizard necks are godlike lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                hmm.. I would like to sand down and etc, but then again I have no woodworking experiance whatsoever, and would most likely totally fuck it up.. hmm

I might just make my normal custom with the blank, then maybe in the future, buy another 2 pieces of alder boards, and make a bolt-on with this neck.. or i dunno.. maybe i'll do the bolt on first.. cause wizard necks are godlike lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious....you have no woodworking experiance and you plan to build a neckthrough guitar? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, gonna get a carpenter to help me obviously =]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    yeah, gonna get a carpenter to help me obviously =]

[/ QUOTE ]

A carpenter??? He'd better be Jesus!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

lol...
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                      X