X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Floyd Trem Post inserts

Hey all,

I need help.
    Was about to assemble a project guitar for the first time and notice the holes for the floyd post inserts are really small - about 1/4 of an inch.. the smallest inserts I have here are 1/8th of an inch bigger than that.

I don't even know where to look to get something that would fit these. The body is definitly drilled for the sleaves and the not the kind that screws directly in as the hole as the serated indentations common to the kind that use the sleeve inserts.

Thanks for any help, I need it

Rich

Re: Small Floyd Trem Post inserts

Hmm? must not be OFR? I'm installing 3 OFR's right now and the inserts are 3/8" diameter. Maybe an old version? I don't know. You can always enlarge the holes for the ones that are currently available. The holes are dead on .375". I use a brad point drill bit, but that won't matter in your case since the holes were previously drilled. You just need to get the drill bit dead center on the existing holes.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

yup, just drill them out. That would be easier than searching for some that would fit.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have the opposite problem. I have a Dinky Reverse body that came without a bridge or posts (but does have the post inserts). I bought a JT580 for it (thinking that's what it had originally), but the posts it came with are way too small in diameter to thread into the inserts.

So, I bought a set of posts and inserts, thinking that if the new posts won't fit, I'll install a completely new set of posts and inserts. Well, my new posts/inserts arrived in the mail today and guess what? The posts are (again) too small, and so are the inserts! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So if I pull the old inserts out, I'll have gaping holes that my new inserts won't fit into. This project is not going well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I have the opposite problem. I have a Dinky Reverse body that came without a bridge or posts (but does have the post inserts). I bought a JT580 for it (thinking that's what it had originally), but the posts it came with are way too small in diameter to thread into the inserts.

So, I bought a set of posts and inserts, thinking that if the new posts won't fit, I'll install a completely new set of posts and inserts. Well, my new posts/inserts arrived in the mail today and guess what? The posts are (again) too small, and so are the inserts!

So if I pull the old inserts out, I'll have gaping holes that my new inserts won't fit into. This project is not going well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just plug the holes with wooden dowels and redrill the holes the proper size. No worries bro. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, you're right. I'm just ticked because I thought I had this solved for sure with my purchase of both posts AND inserts. The inserts it has look perfectly good, and I know the correct posts are out there somewhere, so I hate to rip these out and dowel 'em, when I could just screw the new posts right in if I had 'em. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The secondary issue is that I've got gear overload and was planning to sell this guitar once I got it finished. Now I think I'll just sell it for parts. Somebody has the right posts out there! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow.. I've never seen alternate size posts.

update on my project: I raided a parts bin a friend of mine had and low and behold, he had the correct size posts..

rich

Comment

Working...
              X