Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about "modifying" a body, and stability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about "modifying" a body, and stability.

Ok, the scenario....

Warmoth body
    Warmoth 24 fret neck with their "extension"

I dont liek the diea , but it may be my only solution, as I want a 24 fret Wolfganmg profile neck with SS frets!!!!

Anyhow, what if a person was to "set" the neck in with some glue and make it a permanent solution. Could I shave some of the heel of the guitar off for better upper access. The heel starts really early on those Warmoth 24 fret extewnsion necks, and I would like to have optimal upper fret access. Is their a limit as to how much you can take off before u destroy a body?!?

Im just kinda curious if anyone has glued in a bolt on neck and done some wood mods for "neckthru" like playing. I dont mind a heel, I would just like to optimise so it's a little better then Warmoth's strat like archaic profile!

*ps, I wish Warmoth would do Ibanez necks already :@*

Re: Questions about \"modifying\" a body, and stabil

I have an old kramer that I modified the heel joint on. I thought about gluing it in and shaping it but there was too much slop in the joint to do it. I would of had to glue in some shims, sand off the finish of the neck heel, and then hand fit it. I don't know if it would be strong enough though. What I did instead was to cut out the lower horn up to the pick guard and slope the existing heel joint. I took off quite a bit of wood and it's quite a bit better then it was. After shaping the heel I had to cut off part of the four bolts holding the neck on so they wouldn't come through the finger board. It didn't take too long to do and it does have much better access now.

Comment

Working...
    X