Seymour Duncan FullShred with Ceramic: results in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan FullShred with Ceramic: results in

THIS is the perfect mid point between the Custom's power and the FullShred's tightness. It's still tight as hell, and THERE IS NO LOSS OF CLARITY!!! While I thought the Ceramic magnet would make the FS a bit mushier, it in facts doesn't. It just makes it bassier and a bit more powerful. It's also less crunchy, which goes with my thought that A5 is simply crunchier than Ceramic.
    Harmonics JUMP out of it. It's very easy to pinch, do natural and artificial harmonics and they sound great. The lead sounds are also, for me, better than with the Custom.
    It's WAY bassier than both FullShred and Custom I'd say. With all the controls at 5 on the JCM800 POD model I had a VERY GOOD chug tone. Right now bass and mids are at 7, and treble at 7.5. There are more low mids than on the FS, so you can increase the chunk by adding mids too, but the bass is still as present. Dial in more bass and honestly can 'hear' a bar diagram with the bass getting bigger!
    The Custom wins in terms of power.
    The FullShred CERAMIC wins in terms of clarity.
    The FullShred wins in terms of crunchyness.

Crunch:
    FS>FSc>Custom
    Bass:
    Custom = FSc > FS
    Clarity:
    FS = FSc, MAYBE FSc > fs, > Custom
    Power:
    Custom>FSc>FS
    Brightness... that's a toughie...
    FS>FSc>Custom I think.

Take your pick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Seymour Duncan FullShred with Ceramic: results in

What type of wood was the guitar body made from that you tested it in? And what type of guitar?

Comment

Ooops sorry haha! I posted this on other forums where they're familiar with my gear. It's a Charvel model 4. I took off the electronics and I tested the pickup with it being wired directly to the output, and with it being wired to just one volume pot.
      The guitar is made of Basswood, maple/rosewood neck.

Comment

i beleive the model 4 is poplar but i could be mistaken. i know the model 1-3 is basswood, but it thought 4-6 were poplar.
        maybe someone else here could clarify.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

It's even simpler. Bolt ons were Basswood, neck through were Poplar/maple.

Comment

Re: Seymour Duncan FullShred with Ceramic: results

the model 4 I own is poplar as evidenced by me taking the neck off and looking.

Comment

There were some inconcistencies I'd say. I always heard the bolt on/neck through rule though... eh well... Maybe it's 1 to 3 and 4 to 6. I wouldn't know what to look for in the neck pocket.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                the model 4 I own is poplar as evidenced by me taking the neck off and looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrongo bro!!!!
                Hey, just because you looked at it doesn't make it poplar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X