J 1200 Mid boost Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J 1200 Mid boost Question

I'm chasing an 87 Jackson soloist right now and it's got the J 1200 mid boost with th Jackson pickups.
    does anyone know if this boost will work with duncans or are these special pickups designed to work with the boost
    circuitry. I thought they were passive pick ups but I have no clue. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: J 1200 Mid boost Question

I just put a Custom & Hot Rails in my Model 6 and they are sounding really nice with the midboost. The Hot Rails seems to respond more to the boost circuit than the Custom does. Performance overall has been good. Nice & quiet. I was going to post a question here to see if anyone has tried replacing the 250k tone pot a 500k pot w/ the circuit, because I wouldn't mind getting a slightly brighter tone if possible.

As far as original pickups, they're passive & I know the J-50BC was used in guitars with & without the circuit. I think the J-200 stacked hums were supposedly designed to work best with the midboost. One of the manuals says so, iirc.

Comment

Jackson active circuits work pretty much with any passives. I have a 1992 RR1 with a J80 and a J90C and a midboost of some sort. I know these pickups work fine without a midboost circuit, but I wouldn't sound like Stryper without one LOL!

Comment

It works just fine. I´ve got a 1988 Soloist with the J1200 and a SD Screamin´demon.

Comment

Yeah, Jackson's active circuits work with any passive pickups, but Kevin Easton once told me they seem to work best with Jackson's own pickups for some reason.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jackson probably calibrated the pre-amp to the pickup's output being used. I'm pretty sure if you use an aftermarket pickup similar to the Jackson, it should work.

I have a Fusion Pro coming (active wah circuit?), and the bridge is a J50B. I could use a 59B, a Pearly Gates, 57 Classic, etc. Anything in that PAF class.

Comment

Working...
            X