Starter bass: Kramer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter bass: Kramer?

I'm thinking about getting a cheap starter bass. Any recommendations are welcome, but I am particularly interested in the Kramer 522 S/P, which seems like a heckuva deal for a new 5-string, neck-through bass. Anyone have an opinion to share, or a different cheap starter bass that you'd recommend over it (and why)? THANKS!

Re: Starter bass: Kramer?

i had a fretless kramer striker bass for a while and was VERY happy with it. i feel pretty confident that you will be pleased if you get the kramer. go for it.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thanks, MD. I got the bass today. It seems to be a high quality instrument, and a STEAL at the prices MusicYo is charging. I am very happy with it.

Comment

cool!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hey quiksilver, how this bass treating you then? I have a friend who's interested in one. I figured since you owned it for a while, any flaws would be noticed by now. The main things I am wondering about are:

1. Feel of the neck (fretwork, action after setup, etc.)
          2. Quality of overall construction.
          3. If the electronics are good or need dire replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X