Push/pull tone pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push/pull tone pot question

The tone pot on my Schecter 007 Elite is a push/pull coil tap to split the bridge humbucker. Can I somehow disconnect the tone control out of the circuit but still use it just for coil splitting?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Push/pull tone pot question

Is it 250K or 500K? You should just be able to remove the capacitor and ground the outer lug to turn it into a volume pot.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you don't want the load of a second pot, you should also be able to completely remove the pot from the circuit and only use the switch portion of it for coil splitting. All that switch does is ground the connection between the finish wires of each coil, shorting out one of the coils. The switch and the pot are separate. You should be able to leave the wires to the switch lugs as they are and route the other wires as though there is no tone control. Disclaimer: I've had a few brews this afternoon.

Comment

why not yank the pot and replace it with a toggle?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          why not yank the pot and replace it with a toggle?

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, I guess that's an option, too. I don't really mind pulling the knob up, though. It's a 500k pot, and I don't really want to have another volume control either. It's a H/S setup, BTW. I guess Dg's way tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks, guys!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

you can always just use a jumper wire across the pot leads to test it out ...see how it works without cutting wires or breaking out a soldering iron
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
            X