Reflex active pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflex active pickups

Anybody have info, schematics etc for these pups and circuitry. i'm still not sure what the push pull switch does? parallel wiring, coil tap, eq switch etc??
    Thanks

Re: Reflex active pickups

Someone recently was selling a Jackson on ebay with those. Did you get it?

Don't know anything about the pickups. Sorry.

Comment

No Don, i bought a Charvel 275 with Reflex pups but it wasn't mentioned in the item description. i didn't know until i saw the guitar. I didn't realize they were active pickups at first even. The electronics (amp? EQ?)are in a separate small enclosure in the guitar, not in the pups themselves like EMG it seems

Comment

I think John Oram, the guy who designed those Trident mixing consoles, had something to do with designing those Reflex pickups

Comment

That's interesting I didn't know that. You are correct http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may9.../JohnOram.html

Comment

I have two reflex hums in my RR Pro. There are some pics and a schematic in the link below.

http://www.cc.puv.fi/~e0300583/pics/...ronics_wiring/
            -Janne

Comment

Thanks Alot! Now i see one of my pots is "boost" tho it says Tone on the knob. It almost mutes the output at zero. I was wondering what was going on. Mine also has a Push/Pull swich that gives it a thinner sound with more hi's. i don't know if its saries/ parallel, single coil tap, or an eq type thing. I only had a quick look at the wiring in my newly acquired guitar but, hopefully I'll figure it out when i get a chance.

do you know the difference between red dots, white dots etc. I have a hum and a single coil size red dot pick-up in mine. I think the hum had 4 wires out of it. There is a handful of reviews for Reflex pick-ups at harmony-central.com

Comment

No problem. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                My knowledge of these reflex pickups in general is pretty limited so I really don't have any idea what the push/pull-switch does in your circuit. Also the circuits may very well be a lot different in different pickup confiqurations (you have single coils AND humbuckers, right?). I know only the things I have been able to learn by examining the wiring on my Rhoads.

Anyway, my Rhoads has two humbuckers, master volume, active tone pot that can either cut or boost the highs and a boost/cut pot, which can not only boost the signal, but cut it as well so that the pickups sound pretty close to a single coil.
                -Janne

Comment

Working...
                X