just won this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just won this one

i figured the case and hipshot was worth the high bid. any one know what the plug and extra part at the bridge is? i'm assuming it's some kind of set up for recording but didn't ask the seller bass
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Re: just won this one

It might be an old MIDI Hex pickup..................

Comment

WTF! Get that box off there pronto. Yea. it might be one of those old hex pickups. "The guitar is original". It looks it, but that plug? Maybe it never was installed and the stuff just came with it loose.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

ACCEPT2 thanks man what is that MIDI Hex thing anyway? is it worth leaving it on or should i trash it (if it works that is! lol )

Comment

Its to use with a MIDI bass converter. The older ones had a huge computer like hookup, but I dont recognize that connector. It could be a propriotary connector, but the pickup may be able to be rewired for the newer kinds of connectors. If you could do that you could hook up a Roland VBass system, and that would be awesome.........

Comment

Roland and others made them. It's basically a midi pickup setup. Now companies like Shadow use the 5, and 6 pin Midi cables.(http://www.shadow-electronics.com/ca...x.html?c=8&p=1)or Roland GK-3 (http://www.rolandus.com/products/det...prodid=GK%2D3B)
            Most likely the pickup was stuck on the bass by the bridge with double back tape. (can't tell from the pics) Definitely out dated using that printer port style pin out.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

thanks guys. probably trash it and add a set of j2000 electronics. if either of you two want it, you can have it

Comment

Working...
              X