Neckthru project guitar help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neckthru project guitar help

I was looking over the part of my future plans on my guitar.. and I had an idea, if anyone who is a luthier could help me out.. It would be sweet..

Okay, I am planning on building my own guitar soon, which will include buying a Neckthru construction block, such as this :
    http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...=GTR/K#options

Now something that I am concerned about, is that the nut on that block is for a non-trem.. Is it possible to fix that into a trem? Or is it stuck being a fixed bridge?

Or does anyone know any other spots that sells neckthru blocks made for floyds? that would be sweet.. Thanks in advanced

Re: Neckthru project guitar help

Call the 800 number & talk to one of the service reps to see if you can order it w/ a floyd nut. Very helpful folks there, and not all options are always shown on the site or in the catalog.

Comment

I asked them a similar question a while back and they said their neckthrough parts are available with any option their ready-made guitars are - including inlays and nut types and all that.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

wow really? nice.. heh I might email or something soon to find out for sure, but that would be awesome

Comment

Thats totally cool, i never knew they sold projects that way. Hmmmm, I smell a new project.

Comment

Carvin is great all around,

BUT,

Remember that those necks are 25" scale, not 25.5, so be sure thats what you want. Thats whats kept me from keeping the two carvins ive owned, and ordering out a full blown custom.

Comment

yea well im building it from scratch so the scale size shouldnt matter, im not that picky that something like that will annoy me to death.. so it is fine..

Although I asked them like last friday and nothing back yet, Someone you should call them if it doesn't cost anything ^^ since Im in Canada, would most likely cost me... Just ask if they can do a locking nut neck and if theres optional inlay choices

Comment

Working...
              X