Tuners have numbers stamped on them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuners have numbers stamped on them?

Original Jackson tuners going back into guitar.
    Noticed I have 3 stamped '1' and 3 stamped '2'
    They all have same 16.1 ratio so I can't see why it would make any difference where I put them.

Something I don't know, or just something of no interest to the consumer.?

Re: Tuners have numbers stamped on them?

I've noticed that too, but I can't see any difference in the tuners. I've always assumed it had something to do with the casting dies.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

3x3 or 6 inline?

I could understand if they were staggered in height like Sperzels, but even then they'd hafta go up to 6.

If they're 3x3, I could understand then as well (1s on the left, 2s on the right) but other than Mark's casting dies idea, I got no other explanation.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

this on USA only or imports? I will check when I switch necks/tuners soon ^^ maybe its just a referance point

Comment

These are on my Limited '91 Archtop Pro

Comment

They are on my standard Jackson import tuners as well, but in the form of A, B & C instead of numbers.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I just checked a set of tuners from a Jackson USA. Three are stamped "3", two are stamped "1" and one is stamped "2".

Comment

Working...
              X